Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Ramos
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that is correct Pete. Paid with a card so they got the doe.

• Pcpete
    replied
    Hang in there! I assume that the Port is getting revenue from you who have dug in, so you are not squatting, but providing payment even if the Port is holding the checks.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ramos
    replied
    Update on slip debacle at the Port of Bellingham,
    On Oct 20 the Port of Bellingham harbor commission met to decide how they should reallocate empty Bellhaven slips and how to respond to boaters who have decided to dig in and stay in their slips while waiting for the commissions decision. A respectable number of boaters spoke to the commissioners and shared a unified perspective that they did not take these slips to nefariously usurp the harbor waiting list but instead to temporarily fill an empty spot while the broker sought out either boats to display for sale or boats to offer for charter. Following boater presentations the Commission realized that they did not have adequate information to make an informed decision. Boaters who remained in Bellhaven slips were given another month while the board considered it's options. Being one of the boaters who has dug in, I am hopeful that the commission will decide to reallocate the slips that are currently empty (more than 30 of the total 40) and compassionately allow the rest of us to have permanent status. Hope springs eternal!

Leave a comment:

• Norton_Rider
    replied

Michael Ramos commented
    09-07-2020, 06:48 AM

Thanks Norton,
    Email sent to both of them. One return indicating a price of $150,000. plus rent, etc. I spent my discretionary funds on a boat with maintenance. Just not in my budget.

Keep in mind that the slips at Anchor Cove have appreciated 40%-45% in 5-years, so they are a great investment. The association dues run about $200, so that can be an issue.

There are a couple of alternatives to a cash purchase. Some people refinance an existing property, and others get a mortgage loan on the slip. Bank of the Pacific in Anacortes finances slips.

Leave a comment:

• Shocking
    replied
    I've read Point Roberts is a ghost town. There may be room there? It may also still be jammed up with Canadian boats unable to be accessed. But maybe worth a call

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ramos
    commented on 's reply
    njosephson,
    Thanks for the recommendation. Was at Semiahmoo through 2019 and love the marina. My only complaint was that it's fairly isolated. When all of this shakes out I just might be up there again if they have anything open.

• Michael Ramos
    commented on 's reply
    I think it's a pretty common practice to sublet a slip without harbor notification. No questions asked as long as the checks keep coming in.

• njosephson
    replied
    You might also look at Semiahmoo - its a condo marina, but there are usually slips for rent and they aren't that much money to buy.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ramos
    replied
    green650, The broker was Bellhaven. I checked in with Blaine and they have a wait list, last week was 8 on 45 ft and 11 on 50 ft slips. It doesn't surprise me that the private slips (open ones) are selling for 150K to 200K plus monthly fees.

Leave a comment:

• green650
    replied
    By the way, which charter/broker went under? The one at my gate was annoying, they always left the gate propped open so anyone could come and go. Someone was sleeping on my boat for a while one winter.

Leave a comment:

• green650
    replied
    Thats weird. When I was selling my boat in Squalicum Harbor I had quite a few people ask me if the slip could transfer with it or if I was willing to keep the slip in my name and sublet it to them. Slips there are not transferable and I did not think subleting was allowed. Like Talman said, I had to start in Blaine too. They told me the same thing, 10+ months. Reality was it was 2 months. Pay the fee. Get on the list, You will get the slip sooner than later. There is always Semiahmoo too. Still get on the list if Bellingham is ultimately what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Ramos
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Norton,
    Email sent to both of them. One return indicating a price of $150,000. plus rent, etc. I spent my discretionary funds on a boat with maintenance. Just not in my budget.

• Michael Ramos
    commented on 's reply
    Blaine has a wait list of 8 on their 45 ft and 11 on their 50 ft slips.

• Norton_Rider
    replied
    Michael - There are two 40' (45' 7" LOA) slips for sale, and one 45' slip (51’4” LOA) for rent at Anchor Cove in Anacortes. It's a great private marina. https://anchorcovemarina.com/slips-for-sale-rent-2

Leave a comment:

• Rick_Kenyon
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like the POB May be a little less than completely “above board”? Sounds like Tally knows the ropes already. His advice sounds like a good suggestion.
Working...
X