What's Open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Open?

Here in the Puget Sound area, I noticed that the state just closed all the parks, including park marinas. The idea of getting away a bit, with appropriate distancing naturally got around to being on the boat. Some of the state parks were pretty good for "getting away from it all". We even swung into Blake Island Yesterday and it was almost deserted. Now that those are out of the question, at least for the time being, anyone have suggestions for puget sound area marinas that might be worth a visit? We're certainly not interested in getting into crowds, but there might be someplace to get away and minimize exposure. Anchoring is an option, but its a bit easier with 3 dogs to be up at the dock. We spent Saturday night at Bremerton and were almost alone at the guest dock, which was perfect. An occasional day or two away like that might help break up the boredom without violating any restrictions regarding the virus.

thanks for any suggestions

toni
    Toni

Yelm, Washington
    1994 Hino powered 4788

Sucia is where I’d go if my boat weren’t broken🥴
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
    (.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled)
    The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

For just going to a dock, Bainbridge has a nice city dock in Eagle Harbor. Poulsbo is always a possibility. Nothings going to be open in town, but hanging at the marina is good.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Gig Harbor has a nice public dock and easy anchoring if the Dock is full with plenty of room at the dinghy dock to walk the dogs. Longbranch on the Key Pen is a great getaway as well.
        Drew Haas
        1998 4788 "Painkiller"

Comment

thanks all. I'm a little hesitant heading up to the San Juans, not sure how long I want to be gone. But Sucia is great. For some reason, I've never stopped at Eagle Harbor, so that could be fun. Poulsbo is always great.
          We love Longbranch and will actually be there in a couple weeks, depending on how things go.
          We also like Olympia, particularly Percival Landing. Good walks for the dogs and a nice cruise. We'll actually be hauling the boat in the beginning of May down at Swantown. Choices choices.

thanks again
          Toni

Yelm, Washington
          1994 Hino powered 4788

Comment

Try this
            As the COVID-19 crisis worsens, marinas, public docks and parks have restricted services to protect employees and the public.

Comment

Just got an email this morning saying that Swantown Boatworks is now closed except for emergency haul-outs.

http://swantownmarina.com/ArchiveCen...File/Item/3432

Keith
              1986 3270, twin 110 Hinos
              Olympia, WA

Comment

I'll have to keep an eye on swantown as we're scheduled for a haul out in about a month.
                Toni

Yelm, Washington
                1994 Hino powered 4788

Comment

Even more important than knowing where to go is knowing if the facility is open and if there are any COVID - 19 restrictions/limitations. Here is one source with pretty wide coverage and reasonably frequent updates. https://salishseapilot.com/covid-19-closures/. For those interested, I will also post another survey of British Columbia guidelines. https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...topic=tilelink.

Comment

Here is a list that should be updated as we go: https://www.waterwayguide.com/covid-...rts+03-27-2020
                    Justin
                    1984 2150 Ciera "C-ya"
                    AQ225D w/ AQ280
                    MMSI 338355691
                    St. Joseph, Michigan

Comment

I called the Harbormaster at Bainbridge public dock as we planned to go last weekend. She said they had not closed the dock but did not want people there. Should be staying at home. She did say they would not turn people away but were clearly not wanting people there.
                      i also for mail from Paulsbo saying no reservations but still open but did not want people hanging on the dock. To lists and showers were closed.
                      we light anchor in Andrews bay this weekend though someone told me that the police are stopping boats to see if it’s essential travel. Not sure if I buy that as I worked from the boat this week and there was traffic on lake union.
                      BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
                      5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
                      Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

We are planning to go out this weekend. Trying to decide between Poulsbo and Andrews Bay. We normally keep our boat up at Roche but given the uncertainty and potentially more severe travel restrictions we brought her down to Lake Washington a couple weeks ago after we recovered from Covid-19 (I actually got a positive test, my wife had symptoms but didn't bother getting tested--it was an unpleasant experience for me, I was very sick for a week in bed). Because of our prior infections we are considered likely immune but still with all the restrictions in place we are essentially in the same boat as everyone else.

For us we have a 3.5 year old who likes to go for walks, ride his bike or scooter, etc. so Poulsbo is probably a better option in that we would be able to simply go up the dock. We also don't have diesel heat so would need to run our generator to stay warm if we anchor out this time of year.

My assumption given the good weather forecast is that we will head to Poulsbo, probably pick up some fuel while there. Obviously social distancing should be practiced but beers can be shared and chatting can occur from 6 feet away. We will probably head over Saturday morning for just Saturday night.
                        2000 Bayliner 4788 "Perfect Balance"
                        370HP Cummins
                        Zodiac YL 340 30HP Nissan
                        Moored at Roche Harbor

Comment

Working...
                        X