Haida Gwaii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haida Gwaii

Last evening while reflecting on my boating season, which has ended, I wondered how our pending 10 year wedding anniversary celebration would impact our boating season next summer. I was instantly thrown into the thought of my bucket list having a note about visiting Haida Gwaii. It is relatively close to home (3 day road trip, lol) when comparing exotic destinations and affordable when considering the current size of our family (4+2 that unfortunately may be staying long term).

The trip planning to date only involves splashing in at Prince Rupert, BC and heading west.

So, outside of the challenges of that many people spending 2-3 weeks on a 3055 (we have done 1 week this past summer), do my fellow BOC members have information on "must see", "must do", and most importantly quality anchorages that you are willing to share? Would love to hear of the highs and lows of BOC members having spent more than a week cruising Haida Gwaii.

As this trip planning is in its infancy and may not happen, any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
    Yellowknife, NT. Canada
    2002 cierra 3055
    twin 350 mags mpi FWC w/B2

Water and Fuel are usually the limiting factors especially in gas powered boats but if launching out of PR you solve a big chunk of the fuel problem that most running up/down have.
    1989 3888
    Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

• Discovery
      Discovery commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the fuel issue down to a science, I can do 300 miles incl. reserve. I installed 2-45gal tanks below deck forward on my engines 3 years ago.
Working...
X