Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksanders
    replied
    This thread has taken a different twist for sure!

My thoughts regarding women (girls) and living on a boat is I do not really care.

Why??? Thats simple...I am doing what I want to do with the remaining years I have to do it. That is a lifestyle choice I am making.
    If that is compatible with a good cruising partner then that is wonderful. If that lifestyle is not compatible, then I cruise alone.

Right now I am making way south. Living the dream, at least my dream.

Leave a comment:

• Mortenti
    replied
    Originally posted by ksanders View Post

Me either...
    you left out the word “good” in reference to what girls think.

Leave a comment:

• Metrodriver
    replied
    Don't see a problem with wearing a bikini in public either. Just today I saw 2 girls pushing their bikes up the road towards town from the beach just south of LAX. US is too much of of a large t-shirt /baggie pants country. Oh my, somebody could possibly see an inch of skin...

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim_Gandee View Post
    I’m not buying the part about women thinking guys with yachts are bums! 😁
    Me either...

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Gandee
    replied
    I’m not buying the part about women thinking guys with yachts are bums! 😁

Leave a comment:

• Mortenti
    replied
    The math certainly works for the marina owners for sure! Land developer has to clear land, build a infrastructure, build a building, put bathrooms, kitchens, plumbing, and actually furnish it to only receive $200.00 a month more than a guy that just pounded some pilings in the bottom, and attached some floating docks.
    I had no idea that RE traded at such low prices. Buy two, rent one, Heck, sell your boat in ‘top dollar Annacortes’ and buy three condos, then watch the pretty young Senoritas start coming around offering Housekeeping Services (nothing more)
    . Spoiler alert- GOOD (don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t have tats, don’t have children by different boyfriends, don’t toss out their opinions, leaves the room when men are talking, doesn’t have a cat, but knows how to cook one, sincerely loves to cook and clean, and has never ever considered even trying drugs or wearing a bikini in public-despite a total smokeshow body, and hopefully speaks little English, but is well read) GIRLS think guys with yachts (no matter their size) are bums. Ask me how I know. I have a good girl- now. Ciao.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Mortenti View Post
    Curious of how “the math” of the all inclusive “ condo compares to the math of dockage? Can you park a boat on a trailer at the condo? I mention this because you said you drive a truck.
    The condo I am renting costs $1200 a month which is fairly high by mexican standards, but it is a great condo in an area of newer homes. Many condos have great parking for a reasonable size boat but not this one.

Looking at local real estate a nice condo in a gated community will run from $150K and up. Houses are less money in general but have less ammenities. At some point in my life I will need or want to spend more time ashore. If I am re-married a house might make more sense because it offers a yard, etc... but lacks the social situation that condo life provides.

My 50' slip is costing $1000 a month

One could I suppose come here and buy/rent a condo and have a trailerable boat, but it would be easier to just have a smaller slip if one has the funds to support that.

Leave a comment:

• Mortenti
    replied
    Curious of how “the math” of the all inclusive “ condo compares to the math of dockage? Can you park a boat on a trailer at the condo? I mention this because you said you drive a truck.

Leave a comment:

• Nofacey@yahoo.com
    replied
    Have you found Bandido's Grill yet?
    Antonio Navarro & Topete, off the south end of the Malecon.

really relaxed outdoor seating, very good food, went there with buddies when we were just hankering for a great burger & a beer (though they have more).

So very many enjoyable restaurants in LaPaz!

And we loved wandering the Malecon just after dark…..very safe, filled with families out for stroll as it cooled off.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Simonsen View Post
    Weather here looks gorgeous to start out your journey!
    Perfect!

I am just a guy meandering down the coast!

Leave a comment:

• Simonsen
    replied
    Weather here looks gorgeous to start out your journey!

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by SeaStar7 View Post
    We love our place in Mexico. We spend the winters there and now the summers on our new-to-us 5788 in the PNW.
    We have chartered out of La Paz a couple times. The islands are very nice. The Coromuel winds can make your nights sleepless, though.
    When do you return to Anacortes and start the next part of your adventure? We did Seattle->Panama in 2013/14 in our 45' sailboat and have fond memories of the whole trip.
    I am flying tio Seattle on Thursday and launching on Friday to start heading South.

My plan is to make it to Ensenada by aug 15th or so.

Leave a comment:

• vr5200
    replied
    That sunset photo is really nice!

Leave a comment:

• SeaStar7
    replied
    We love our place in Mexico. We spend the winters there and now the summers on our new-to-us 5788 in the PNW.
    We have chartered out of La Paz a couple times. The islands are very nice. The Coromuel winds can make your nights sleepless, though.
    When do you return to Anacortes and start the next part of your adventure? We did Seattle->Panama in 2013/14 in our 45' sailboat and have fond memories of the whole trip.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    By around Noon or 1 pm you are done with your daily errands and shopping and head back to your condo. On days when I have no errands I like to take a long walk along the Malecon which is a hige and very popular waterfront sidewalk. By now the temperature is well into the 80's but still comfortable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	53EB1C33-D073-4C53-88DD-EE43CC119454.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	648741

Name:	AF35DD19-EECB-4632-A3C8-22F62902E222.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	648740

As the sun peaks it gets HOT. Hot meaning in the 90's or 100's and humid. This is the time of day where you get the things done around the house that need doing. Cleaning, laundry, etc... Maybe you take a nap for an hour (siesta).

By around 5:30 or so it starts to cool off pretty quickly. People start coming out. You either head to one of your favorite hangouts and have a ice cold beer, or Margarita, or you head down to Cooco's which is a fruit resturant at the bottom of the hill from the condo.

Name:	F28DF980-A816-4757-938D-9B96AFF98BEE.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	648742

Name:	648F6280-F936-42E4-BA5D-1717775947C4.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	648743

You chat with people, and watch the sun set.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X