Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nofacey@yahoo.com
    commented on 's reply
    Lol….there’s something goofy going on with the current forecast - it simply doesn’t get to 17 mph. But he is flying thru there right now - current might be doubling his cruise speed

• builderdude
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected]
    Seymour Narrows floods south, so the current will be beneficial through to 18:45.
    That’s what I see also, looks to flow at a fairly high speed as well.
    😳
    Click image for larger version  Name:	E6908BF3-3AC2-49BB-9EFB-198CD4B1EB42.png Views:	0 Size:	754.5 KB ID:	646068

Leave a comment:

• Nofacey@yahoo.com
    replied
    Not sure where you’ll be stopping tonight Kevin…..there’s a dearth of good spots immediately after Campbell River. Plus not sure how often you’ve stopped in area; Just in case:
    - best Campbell River transient marina is Discovery. Good docks and easy walking to multiple restaurants, grocery & liquor store.
    - excellent anchorage protection in Gowland harbour, should be fine in Quaithisaki Cove tonight, both opposite CR on Quadra.

Past CR - I’d go anchor in Blubber Bay, on northern tip of Texada. Easy in/out, should be comfortable in existing winds. You will need to anchor east of the ferry dock, lots of room, you’ll see them at 19:40 and 22:00.

If you’re pressing on, shallows off Comox are well pretty well marked - but it’d be pretty late by the time you got to them, not something I’d be comfortable doing solo in the dark….

Norm

Leave a comment:

• Simonsen
    commented on 's reply
    How are they going to install them? My guess is screw/glue them on? Can you take pics? I think these would be beneficial for all of our boats.

• kwb
    commented on 's reply
    One of the most memorable runs I had was heading north up that stretch of water. You're on path for a much more pleasant run today.

• Nofacey@yahoo.com
    commented on 's reply
    Seymour Narrows floods south, so the current will be beneficial through to 18:45. 🥳

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikko View Post
    Kevin, I'm sure you're WAY ahead of me but ss of now you have approx 65 nm distance to Seymour Narrows and at your current speed (8 kts) that gives you a run time of just over 8 hours, which in turn puts you at the narrows at appx 1530. At that time the estimated current is 3.19 kts flood (which is max flood for the afternoon).
    Correct, I am hoping catch the ebb tide this morning which should speed things up a bit but right now I am pushing against 2 knots of current.
    I have thought a lot about the narrows and with todays currents I'm not too worried. The great thing about the 4788 is that i have 660 horsepower to use if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Nikko
    replied
    Kevin, I'm sure you're WAY ahead of me but ss of now you have approx 65 nm distance to Seymour Narrows and at your current speed (8 kts) that gives you a run time of just over 8 hours, which in turn puts you at the narrows at appx 1530. At that time the estimated current is 3.19 kts flood (which is max flood for the afternoon).

Leave a comment:

• playdoughted
    commented on 's reply
    Kevin - just had my 490 surveyed 2 weeks ago. He was very positive about the rolling chocks but then he was familiar with Roy's work and the use of them in the fishing fleet.
    Take care, looks like Johnstone Strait will be kind to you. Ted

• Cool Change 4788
    commented on 's reply
    so cool, wish I was there!

• ksanders
    replied
    Here is a great photo from this morning

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C93EA88-59FD-4801-ABCD-E41295AEEC0A.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	646021

Leave a comment:

• Cool Change 4788
    commented on 's reply
    Safe travels today! How were the winds and waves yesterday during your straight crossing?

• Jim_Gandee
    commented on 's reply
    I’m really curious to hear your report of how the boat handles after the addition of the rolling chocks and how much difference they make.

• ksanders
    replied
    Good morning!!!

I am making way from Port Mcneall and heading for places South, where I am not sure right now.
    Certainly Campbell River, and hopefully much further than that.

Where I end up is dependent on my discussions this morning with the nice gentleman who installs the rolling chocks.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by RDH3818 View Post
    Are you not installing Rolling chocks in Nanaimo now that you were talking about
    just courius
    cheers
    Roy
    Ketchikan
    I will come back to nanaimo for those.

I feel a strong need to get my survey done before I install rolling chocks.

My worry is that the surveyor Might see the new installation and ask for engineering studies, etc...

What I am going to do is call Roy this morning and discuss this with him. He might even know a surveyor who can survey the boat while he is installing the rolling chocks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X