San Juan Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Juan Cruise

With things beginning to open up some, curious of any others' plans for a trip into the islands. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds, but a crowded day in the islands is still better than mowing the lawn. We've planned a couple weeks and made a few reservations, just to be cautious. We typically do about 60/40 anchored/tied up. We will likely modify some, maybe staying longer a few places and cutting others short, depending on time, tempers and weather.The plan currently includes:

Everett (since Sara has an event there she wants to attend)
    Point Hudson at Port Townsend, (just because we like it)
    Blind Bay on Shaw
    Rosario (sara's never been)
    Reed Harbor
    Friday Harbor
    Someplace on Soucia or Matia (probably soucia because of the dogs)
    Deer Harbor
    Center Island
    Garrison bay
    Roche Harbor
    Patos Island.

Absent a hurricane, should be fun 2-3 weeks. Plan to leave on July 9.

toni
    Toni

Yelm, Washington
    1994 Hino powered 4788

Originally posted by courtjester View Post
    With things beginning to open up some, curious of any others' plans for a trip into the islands. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds, but a crowded day in the islands is still better than mowing the lawn. We've planned a couple weeks and made a few reservations, just to be cautious. We typically do about 60/40 anchored/tied up. We will likely modify some, maybe staying longer a few places and cutting others short, depending on time, tempers and weather.The plan currently includes:

Everett (since Sara has an event there she wants to attend) There are several choices for guest moorage. Do not moore on the outside of the river dock near Anthony’s. The Everett YC reciprocal is at the Navy Base end. You can go all the way in to some new guest docks or go farther upriver to the North Marina. The river current can be pretty tricky and can be significant. Do Not cut the entrance buoy at the end of the Navy Pier. Heading north, put the yellow anchorage buoy on your starboard as you head north. Crabbing will probably be open and that route will make it easier.
    Point Hudson at Port Townsend, (just because we like it)
    Blind Bay on Shaw
    Rosario (sara's never been)If there’s a tour of the mansion, take it.
    Reed Harbor
    Friday Harbor
    Someplace on Soucia or Matia (probably soucia because of the dogs)
    Deer Harbor
    Center Island
    Garrison bay
    Roche Harbor
    Patos Island.

Absent a hurricane, should be fun 2-3 weeks. Plan to leave on July 9.

toni
    We’ll be looking for you as we head south.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Great Plan! We’re currently in Prevost Harbor after spending last night at Echo Bay on Sucia. Sucia is a bit prettier if that’s possible but the density of anchored boats is probably half that of Sucia in Prevost. In any event I highly recommend both places- shallow water with great holding and easy anchoring. Enjoy!
      Drew Haas
      1998 4788 "Painkiller"

Comment

I think harbors can only let 50% of the boaters in right now. So It shouldnt be too bad? But I haven't gotten up there yet

"When will transient accommodations be able to operate at greater than 50% capacity?

Capacity may move to 100% capacity when San Juan County moves to Phase 3"

https://www.sanjuanco.com/DocumentCe...2020-7-Lodging

Comment

Working...
        X