No announcement yet.

Differences between cruising in a RV Vs a Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The State parks at the lake here have limited number of reserve spots for RVs...the rest are all first come first serve. You can call and see how many are available but if theres only a few ya better step on the long pedal.

I've hauled the RV to the lake on a wednesday after work before then come back to work until towing the boat up, just to make sure I had our favorite spot.

Would sure like to find an affordable old school GMC motorhome with the tandem rear wheels and all the windows....come retirement time I would love to start hitting the college bowl games and make the MLB stadium circuit. Just wish there was a way to tow the boat with one and manage the launch without turning the rv into a houseboat
    2008 H210SS Four Winns
    Volvo Penta 5.7 GISX
    Prior: 1997 2050SS Bayliner
    Brad / Texas Gulf Coast

Comment

Launching a boat with a motorhome is easy! With that huge rear overhang, the back tires don't even get wet.
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Wonder if they told this guy it was easy too!

Click image for larger version

Name:	E90453AF-CFAA-4FD6-9AB7-72022AF6DD2F.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	557931
        Esteban
        Huntington Beach, California
        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952
        Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida

Comment

• builderdude
          builderdude commented
          Editing a comment
          Some people really struggle at the boat launch 🤣

• TX H210 SS
          TX H210 SS commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmmmm....the boat floats way better imo That would be a nightmare.

The GMC models from the 70s are front wheel drive powered by 455 Rocket motors. Not rated to tow anything though, but really sweet looking rides.

The ramps i go to are nowhere near wide enough to sling that setup around to back in.

Boating and RVing offer completely different joys. They each come with their particular challenges. I love both and do both. If I had to pick between them at my present age I would pick the boat. But I would then miss the joys in RV world.
        16' lap straight with B&S inboard, my 1st commercial fishing adventure
        17' run about with original 80ph Volvo, fun with some exploration of the coast
        25' Chris Craft - lots of fun exploring further north on the BC coast
        32' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
        41' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
        38' Permaglass commercial salmon troller - freezer boat, harder work & fun
        1987 3870 with 175 Hinos - back to mostly fun again & exploration

Comment

Working...
        X