Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sechelt Inlet advice (Sunshine Coast, BC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sechelt Inlet advice (Sunshine Coast, BC)

Anyone regularly make the trip into the Sechelt Inlet from points south... like Point Roberts, Southern Gulf Islands, San Juans...?

I'm in Pt. Roberts and considering purchasing a water access only lot to build a vacation cabin in the Sechelt Inlet area. It's a bit of a commitment to make that journey and may even be a bit far for just a normal weekend trip by boat... not to mentioned potentially having to time the Sechelt Rapids to avoid the worst of the currents.

Anyone make this trip regularly... is it much of an ordeal or am I overthinking it?
    Tyson, Ackerley, Sidney & Gene
    Tsawwassen, BC
    1996 2858 Ciera Command Bridge
    Mercruiser 7.4L BRAVO II (GEN. V) GM 454 V-8; Engine Serial 0F603347
    "Island Passport"
    Home marina: Point Roberts, WA

I have not done it in a boat, but I’ve watched kayakers surf the endless wave when the water is transitioning. I don’t think I would want to cross it when water is coming or going, looks much faster than deception pass.
    Esteban
    Vancouver, BC
    Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

You will need to clear customs, and time yourself for the rapids, please dont challenge them, lives have been lost there
      Boatless
      (Sold) All In
      2002 Bayliner 37
      330 Cummins
      AB

Comment

You might consider some kind of temporary moorage or trailer storage in Sechelt. Driving that far would cut the travel distance significantly, remove the need to time the rapids and avoid the weather uncertainties on south Georgia Strait.
        R.J.(Bob) Evans
        Buchanan, SK
        Cierra 2755
        Previously 43 Defever, Response LX
        Various runabouts, canoes & kayaks

Comment

Working...
        X