Florida Bound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Bound

Leaving Labor day weekend for trip from iowa to florida anyone else doing a trip that way?

I’ll be down there for the whole month of September.
    Esteban
    B-ham!
    Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

where will you be? Im gonna take the next two months for stopping different places. I also found out i may run out of fuel in a place near Girardeau so if anyone is close to that that could help me out with fuel that would be great. I guess there is not another fueling station for gas till Hoppes Marina but too far for my boat.

Comment

I’m going to be down in Key West most of the time. When I get time off work I will be headed up to Cape Coral.
        Esteban
        B-ham!

Comment

oh i see i guess for now i will stock up on fuel from Hoppes to make the journey

Comment

How far south do you plan to go?
            Esteban
            B-ham!

Comment

We live in Homosassa, FL on the Gulf Coast side about an hour North of Tampa. Boat is in NJ and is up for sale so we're boatless down here for now. Your profile isn't filled out so, from the discussion, I'm assuming that you're piloting a boat down the Mississippi or Tombigbee. If so, what size vessel is it? That would be a nice trip. Enjoy!!
              1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
              Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
              WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
              James H. Stradling

Comment

It is hot here in Florida, I believe it is a record for this time of the year since about 1926.
                Cooled off about 2-3 degrees this week.
                Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                Twin 350 GM power
                Located in Seward, AK
                Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Originally posted by boatworkfl View Post
                  It is hot here in Florida, I believe it is a record for this time of the year since about 1926.
                  Cooled off about 2-3 degrees this week.
                  . . . really? Where the heck are you in FL?? We must not be in the same area. It's still about 92 or 93 here every day and 80% humidity just to make you wish for "dry" air.
                  James H. Stradling

Comment

Originally posted by Dadrock33 View Post

. . . really? Where the heck are you in FL?? We must not be in the same area. It's still about 92 or 93 here every day and 80% humidity just to make you wish for "dry" air.
                    I am in Melrose near Gainesville. FL pouring rain now, was 15% chance of rain.
                    Sun just came back out.

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                    Twin 350 GM power
                    Located in Seward, AK
                    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Originally posted by boatworkfl View Post

I am in Melrose near Gainesville. FL pouring rain now, was 15% chance of rain.
                      Sun just came back out.
                      . . . ah, you're inland . . . . mapquest says your 88 miles away and a bit Northeast of us . . . one thing about our rains - short, furious and thorough! We used to have a plant there in Gainesville (Shasta Beverages) but don't really know where it was . . . they closed it down back around 2007, I think.
                      James H. Stradling

Comment

Originally posted by Dadrock33 View Post

. . . ah, you're inland . . . . mapquest says your 88 miles away and a bit Northeast of us . . . one thing about our rains - short, furious and thorough! We used to have a plant there in Gainesville (Shasta Beverages) but don't really know where it was . . . they closed it down back around 2007, I think.
                        When I was a kid we drank a lot of Shasta soda.

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                        Twin 350 GM power
                        Located in Seward, AK
                        Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
                        X