SO. California Mobile data coverage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO. California Mobile data coverage

Anyone that cruises from San Diego to Santa Barbara have any input on who has better speed/coverage? Have WebBoat, so cannot use Verizon as it CDMA and WebBoat is GSM.
    Wondering if ATT or TMobile which you all had better service performance and coverage.

ie not talking bars or coverage maps, but actually out on water and using the internet...

any input greatly appreciated.
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Mark,
    I’m based at Alamitos Bay. I have ATT and have found th m pretty reliable up and down the coast for both com and data. However, when at Catalina although the coverage is good, the data capability(hot spot) slows considerably, sometimes unusable, especially on the weekends when the population swells. Hope that info helps.
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Thanks Jim, appreciate the feedback, that was our experience years ago with ATT,...but since my new WebBoat device has two simm slots decide to do a pay as go plan on each for a month and see which is better at the in real time for us when out around Catalina, San Clemente and Santa Barbara islands nothing like a side by side to see who is faster and better coverage, I let you now what I find out.
      Mark
      USCG OUPV
      1990 4588
      Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Mark, please let us know what you discover. I’m interested to learn what provider you find has the best performance!
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Working...
        X