No announcement yet.

Seattle Boat Show 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at the Seattle Boat Show Sat. my impression that the No. of Vender booth where down and the pricing on Boat are up, so observation is the value and what we due to upgrade the vessels we own will go up. So it is evermore important for us to post projects and tips for the member just joining or thinking of a upgrade, what say you the older members?
    Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
    96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

I agree on all points.
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "Sea Ya"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Sure was a lot of nice boats down there though. That 34' Boston Whaler is still in my dreams!
        97 2859

Comment

The boat I drool over is the Ranger Tug or the Cutwater, now the Cutwater the sculpted lower hull to trap air for lift scares me from the repair point of view.

Comment

• JThiessen
            JThiessen commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife stood in line to go through the tug also. Nice boat, but not my style. I was wondering what those sculpes on the cutwater were intended for.

We took a different approach at visiting the BSBS this year. We hopped the Thursday train from Bellingham at 830, arrived at 1100. Checked into the Silver Cloud right away, had lunch and a bloody mary. The SC offers a free shuttle to several places, so we walked around the freak show called downtown Seattle for a few hours, had a pint at Pyramid, then read by the fire for a few hours. A 7 buck Uber to Benihana (or whtever they call it now). Walked to the BSBS on Friday AM after a hearty breakfast. Friday was the 'Uncorked' event. We had comps from our broker which included the event. Sampled some wine, grabbed a drink and dinner before the SC shuttled us back to King Street station for the 1900 train ride to Bellingham. Was in my jammies by 2300. The show: met our favorite vendors and caught up, I met Pat O'Day and had a fun 15 minute chat about politics and real estate in the San Juan Islands. Oh, and I bought an egg holder for the boat. Here is the math: SC was under 200. (parking would have been 60/night!) Train was 72. The egg holder was 6 bucks.
          It wasn't really 'on-the-water boat show weather, so we didn't feel obligated to do that.
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

That sounds like an easy ride, my ride was one a bit tougher, from GF Mt. first 80 Mil. dry nice, then snow and ice of an on till Id. good till about 100 Mil. point from Seattle total crud, all the trucks and some cars chaining up, I live in Mont. we don't put chains on till we are stuck there in the plastic box all safe and dry, did get there in good shape, to Lynwood one Hr. late at the Kids home, Sat. at the show spent a bit one of those Elect flairs beets the replacement purchase every 3 years, that I had to order on line, the Dealers don't stock them, so yes spent some, sucked some great Beer had fine food and a much better ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzman View Post
              The boat I drool over is the Ranger Tug or the Cutwater, now the Cutwater the sculpted lower hull to trap air for lift scares me from the repair point of view.
              I love the bigger cutwater flybridge. That would make a great all around trailer boat for me.
              I spoke to a couple of the salesman and they said they can’t keep up with the demand for their new models with the outboards. With the twin outboards or the big single those Rangers and Cutwaters get into the high 40’s for speed. That is what they attribute the big sales increase to as opposed to the traditional Rangers that cruise at what 15mph? The new fast ones are popular with the younger families with kids so they can pull water toys and get away to the islands fast! And at 250k to 300k, maybe Bayliner should look into that type of boat again. What was the 2859/2858 priced at when it was cancelled?
              The other boat I really liked was the Helmsman 31. It’s the Chinese replacement for the Camano. Very nice woodwork inside, comparable to the more expensive boats, and much roomier than the Rangers/Cutwaters. But, single diesel so you’re stuck going around 15mph.
              Esteban
              B-ham!
              Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

High 40s is dreaming, nowhere near.
                Cutwater 30 CB with single Volvo D6 435HP, one will be lucky if able to hit 28 KNOTS.
                Hard to imagine anyone buying a 30' command bridge boat for + $350,000
                30' CB boat with a 10' beam should be ok to trailer around, but also makes this boat's companion way really tight...
                if one would stand up start cooking, nobody is getting thru
                Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                93 3058 sold
                92 2855 (day boat)
                91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                Longbranch WA
                Life is Good

Comment

• green650
                  green650 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The ones with the outboards are the ones that he said go that fast. Not the diesels. The command bridge doesn't come with outboards

Yup Cutwater 302 SC with twin Yamaha F300 will hit 50MPH
                Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                93 3058 sold
                92 2855 (day boat)
                91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                Longbranch WA
                Life is Good

Comment

Working...
                X