1986 3870 Hard Cockpit Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 3870 Hard Cockpit Cover

I'm very new to this large of a boat, so forgive me if I get the vocabulary wrong. We just purchased this boat and would like to know if it is possible to find a hard top extension for the flybridge over the cockpit. We've seen this on more 38'ers than not, but ours does not have it. I think the additional storage space that it would offer us for fishing gear and other things would be ideal. Any leads or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! The extended hard top was a must have when we were looking for our 38. Where are you? There are still a few companies making and installing the tops, but if you are in Florida it doesn’t do much good to tell you about a shop in Washington.
    I have made a few changes to ours that are keeping the admiral happy and/or life easier for me. One being hinging the engine room hatch at the starboard end then adding a 90# shock lift to make it easier to lift. Then I revised the dipstick tube so I can check the oil from in the salon. I changed the locker under the stove to a drawer, added shelves and generally had a great time fiddling on our 1988 3818.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Thanks for the tips Pete. We are in Washington. It was sort of a must have for us also, but we couldn't pass up this deal. I will definitely be following all of the modifications to see how I can enhance our little dream.

Comment

Working...
      X