Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayliner Bodega Windshield Cracked...Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner Bodega Windshield Cracked...Help!

We have a 1979 Bayliner Bodega. While doing another project our portside glass bottom windshield frame was hit and 4-5 cracks radiated out diagonally and upward to the top of the frame. The glass looks "almost" flat and about 51"x35" and lightly tinted. What are my options? Auto glass installer? I doubt Bayliner can help but I will give a dealer a call. I don't think there is any miracle repair systems for long cracks. What's my best move? All ideas welcome...thanks.

How about some pictures. My experience with boat glass is that it is very expensive no matter what. Your "Almost" flat could be the qualifier. I'd swing into an auto glass repair shop and get some feedback.

1999 Ciera 2655 5.7L BIII "Brenda Lou"
    1996 Skeeter 1850DV 175 Mariner 9.9 Mariner. sold, sold, sold
    1975 Lund 14' 25 HP Mercury. sold, sold, sold
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Turbo diesel Quad Cab
    Green Bay, WI on the Fox River
    South Bay Marina

Comment

it is flat glass in the bodega - any glass shop should be able to match.
      Side sliders should be tempered. I thought all of the glass of that era was tempered so my hunch is that it has been replaced along the way.

If the crack radiated then that tells me that it is either laminated safety glass or just plate glass that you got lucky that it didn't fall into big pieces that are really dangerous projectiles if a wave was to finish the job of breaking it.
      1989 3888
      Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
      X