looking for tachometer-gctid553511

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for tachometer-gctid553511

I have been looking for a tachometer to replace my malfunctioning one and to match the others already on the boat. I have taken it out and it says the part number is tc9983a and after searching for it it seems they only make them with the gold lettering and markings.

Attached files

Welcome to BOC, sure we can help, nice socks in the photo too........Marty. have a look on ASAP marine supplies........... :whistle:

Comment

Another place to look is Great Lakes Skipper.

They have a lots of Bayliner stuff.

greatlakesskipper.com

Comment

Ha thanks! I have looked almost everywhere, been searching ebay and all that I can find is the gold markings. Faria wants 120 dollars to repair it which seems a little high.

Comment

I just saw your handle.

That's halarious!!

Comment

most of the bayliner tacs were made by faria. their website is a good source of info. last i knew, faria will rebuilt or replace your existing ones for about $100

Comment

Faria wants 120 with shipping to have it fixed, that seems ridiculous for something that only worked 5 years. I was hoping someone around here would know where to get the one without the gold markings or had one that they were looking to get rid of for a decent price.

Comment

http://www.boatersland.com/far-39004.html
                Cheers, Hans
                2007 Carver 41 CMY
                Twin Volvo D6-370
                Montreal, Canada
                Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

That's the newer version with gold markings. I am looking for all silver to match existing gauges. It is looking like I'm just going to have to switch it to the gold one though.

Comment

Hans

That could not have been more timely. I just this evening started the boat after it's winter nap. My Port side tach is barely moving. It has always been glitchy.

I am going to order a replacement. I need the one with the gold markings as you linked.
                    Jim McNeely
                    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
                    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
                    Brighton, Michigan USA
                    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

"JimMc" post=553589 wrote:
                      Hans

That could not have been more timely. I just this evening started the boat after it's winter nap. My Port side tach is barely moving. It has always been glitchy.

I am going to order a replacement. I need the one with the gold markings as you linked.
                      Glad to help even though I had no clue I was. Strange though as the part number listed by the PO (tc9983a) is with gold trim yet his is white trim. Could very well be a special order by Bayliner as Faria customizes on demand. Searched high and low, even googled Faria tach in pictures however white trim in that design is no where to be found.

Note to OP. You may want to look at purchasing an entire gauge set as they come cheap when purchased together. Probably less than $200 for the entire set.

This is the tach I am installing with the new dash. :P
                      Cheers, Hans
                      2007 Carver 41 CMY
                      Twin Volvo D6-370
                      Montreal, Canada
                      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Ha yea that is the frustration I have been dealing with for the past month! I am thinking that I am going to have to go ahead and buy the set, but I didn't the rest of the gauges to go to waste, as it seems those are not common at all.

Comment

Im in the need for the same thing. Did the connections fit the back or did you have to rewire it? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X