Westerbeke Genset for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westerbeke Genset for sale

We are doing a major refit on our 3870. One item going is our Westerbeke 8kw BT 80-614 C702 to be replaced later this month. It has just over 1250 hrs. In running condition. Can be viewed running in the vessel till pulled out in a couple of weeks. Presently the vessel is located in Canoe Cove outside of Sidney.

We are replacing the unit to achieve reduced noise from the new unit. I looked at doing modifications with exhaust or an enclosure to reduce the noise but not enough clearance to do either. It anyone is interested in purchasing it as a working spare or parts I'm asking $350.00. It comes with some spare new parts - oil filters, fuel filter, belt, impeller and some used parts. With the weight of the unit it would be best if someone wanting the unit lives on Vancouver Island or around Vancouver, BC for pickup. Far too heavy to ship any distance.

Send me a personal message or call 1-604-483-6105
    16' lap straight with B&S inboard, my 1st commercial fishing adventure
    17' run about with original 80ph Volvo, fun with some exploration of the coast
    25' Chris Craft - lots of fun exploring further north on the BC coast
    32' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
    41' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
    38' Permaglass commercial salmon troller - freezer boat, harder work & fun
    1987 3870 with 175 Hinos - back to mostly fun again & exploration

Our mayor refit on the engines/gears/couplings has gone much longer than we expected eating into our cruising plans big time. We had hoped to be on the water a few weeks ago for the summer but are still waiting completion of the work on the vessel. We therefor decided to go with our old genset for the summer rather than burning up more cruising time in May to complete the switch. We will still do the genset change out but bump it to mid September.

For those that contacted me expressing an interest in the old Westerbeke I have tried to get back to each of you by phone. If I have missed anyone this is the status on the generator.

Wishing you light winds and calm water for your cruising this year.
    16' lap straight with B&S inboard, my 1st commercial fishing adventure
    17' run about with original 80ph Volvo, fun with some exploration of the coast
    25' Chris Craft - lots of fun exploring further north on the BC coast
    32' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
    41' wood commercial salmon troller - ice boat, hard work & fun
    38' Permaglass commercial salmon troller - freezer boat, harder work & fun
    1987 3870 with 175 Hinos - back to mostly fun again & exploration

Comment

Working...
    X