Wanted-Norcold DE0041 fefrigerator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted-Norcold DE0041 fefrigerator

Our galley frige no longer gets cold enough. Anyone know a good source of a new frige? Thanks. Griff

Hi Griff. My marine frige quit a few years ago. I went to lows and got a Whirlpool unit and it works just great. It has been in since 2006. Had to trim a half inch off one side and the top to make it fit.
    Just love being on my 3870............Bill
    1985 3870
    Twin 130 Mits. not turbo charged
    Name of boat is "Plenty Of Fish"
    Live on board full time.
    North Myrtle Beach, SC

Comment

Take it to a refrigeration shop, have them purge it as the capillary line sometimes gets clogged.
      My frig had to be purged 3 times to clear it, then the AVTEC refrigeration school in Seward, AK re-filled it just slightly over factory, I cannot turn it up to the coldest number as the vegies will freeze, that was 10 year ago, it is still going strong. Be sure they use the same type of refrigerant.
      Works as long as the compressor is still working. I have the same frige.

Note: A piercing valve will need to be installed as there is not a way to fill the system.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Hey Bruce, my same refer "died" this last winter. I figured I'd try ti fix it myself seeing as I had nothing to loose but about $1K to save at todays prices. I decided to replace the Thermistor (the most common cause of trouble and the cheapest repair part) so today I headed down to the marina and took about a hour or so to install the new Thermistor. Guess what, the refer works now!!!!!!! so for about $35 for the part to my door my refer is as good as new.

Mike
        2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
        2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
        2000 Ciera 2455 sold
        Redmond, Washington
        The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

Working...
        X