Murphy Auctions - Ballard Inflatables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphy Auctions - Ballard Inflatables

Thought I'd post this in case anyone is looking for a new RIB, kayak or small outboard, Murphy Auctions in Kenmore is doing an auction of Ballard Inflatables this Saturday
    http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/5022

I've never actually been to an auction there (despite living nearby) AND I'm not really in the market for a new dingy but as it looks like there is quite a lot of stuff and its pretty different than their usual it might just be interesting.
    1998 Bayliner 2858
    7.4L MPI / Bravo III
    Harbour Village Marina - Kenmore WA

I go to them quite regularly. The problem is main people are willing to pay more than retail and often forget about sales tax and the 10% buyers premium.

They are great folks and all know me by first name now. If you've never been... ya gotta check it out.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Ha! I guess thats the goal of the auctioneer, its always seemed to me that it went against sanity. I've been to a couple auctions elsewhere and it seemed like half the people were bidding like crazy while the other half looked on with wonder and amazement at the prices that they were willing to pay. I guess we'll see this weekend which half I fall into!
      1998 Bayliner 2858
      7.4L MPI / Bravo III
      Harbour Village Marina - Kenmore WA

Comment

I've come home with some pretty cool stuff... Swat Van, 64" photo printer, large ceramic kiln, 250# anvil, tons of tools, laptops, camera gear, cool stuff...

iBoatNW

Comment

Originally posted by njosephson View Post
          Thought I'd post this in case anyone is looking for a new RIB, kayak or small outboard, Murphy Auctions in Kenmore is doing an auction of Ballard Inflatables this Saturday
          http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/5022

I've never actually been to an auction there (despite living nearby) AND I'm not really in the market for a new dingy but as it looks like there is quite a lot of stuff and its pretty different than their usual it might just be interesting.
          So is Ballard inflatables going out of business?

---------------------------------------------

Edit...

I answered my own question. This is what the Ballard Inflatables site states: "Ballard Inflatable Boats is closing business on November 30, 2017
          Murphy auction will be on December 2, 2017 in Kenmore, Wa -- Auction details here
          We thank all our loyal customers and employees.
          Edward Hajek

1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA

Comment

I heard an advertisement on the radio yesterday and all I could think was "there will be no deal to be had". But I must remember one of my catch phrases, profit is not a dirty word. I may go simply because I only live about 10 miles away but I do not expect to make a purchase.
            Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
            1998 3055 Ciera
            (yes, a 1998)
            Previous boat: 1993 3055
            Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
            Sea Doo XP
            Sea Doo GTI SE
            Life is short. Boats are cool.
            The family that plays together stays together.
            Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

• baylineguy
              baylineguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Just saw this. Surprised to see that Ballard Inflatables is out of business, they've been around for many years. The owner is different, kind of a grouchy and curt old guy, assuming it is the same guy as when I bought a Hobie sailing kayak there years ago.. Won't be able to make the auction but there may be some good deals there with all that is being auctioned and also the slow time of year for boating sales.. Hope to hear that some got a good deal.

I didn't go but there were some pretty good deals had on outboards and the ribs. I followed along online, but resisted buying anything.

iBoatNW

Comment

Working...
            X