Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobhicks View Post
    Kevin, any plans to ship to Canada?
    I have set up the system to ship to Canada via USPS.

The rates are calculated at checkout.

Thanks!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Kevin -- Most other websites (i.e. Defender ) get around the MAP Price issue by telling customers to "add to cart" to see the price .. you can always delete it from the cart. More website coding for you, but its then a touch-less transaction and could generate more sales w/o your interaction.

Jim
      Althea -- 2000 3988 270 Cummins, Hull Extension
      Semiahmoo, WA

Comment

Thanks Kevin unfortunately with this Covid-19 it may be a while until I can get to the boat so won't be ordering anything until then.
        P/C Bob Hicks JN
        Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
        Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
        Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
        Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
        Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo88 View Post
          Kevin -- Most other websites (i.e. Defender ) get around the MAP Price issue by telling customers to "add to cart" to see the price .. you can always delete it from the cart. More website coding for you, but its then a touch-less transaction and could generate more sales w/o your interaction.

Jim
          Thanks Jim, and yes I thought about that.

The challenge is the boat parts business is not lucrative enough to justify the labor hours to do that.

What I do now is set my pricing automatically to be either the M.A.P. price or cost + 10%. This changes daily with the feed coming from my distributor level channels, along with stock quantities.

If I can cover the costs of my web site fees, then I’m happy to supply the service, and keep paying wholesale prices for my stuff. As I have said before I am far and away my own best customer.

I make a living through my electrical products wholesale endevors, where the average transaction amount is much higher, and the margins are better.

Frankly as a businessman I do not see how boat parts businesses actually support themselves after they pay for labor and the other costs of doing business.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

• O1dSoldier
            O1dSoldier commented
            Editing a comment
            Fisheries Supply in Seattle seems to be booming business but they really have no local competition outside of North Harbor which is 40 miles away. Where I am at we have a lot of marina's within just a few miles of each other and for the most part we have West Marine to service the area with Fisheries is about 35 miles away. There is another shop that is closed on weekends, has odd hours during the week and what stock it does have appears to have been on the shelf for a few decades. I have often wondered how successful a place would be in our area given what we have.

Another happy BOC member had his order ship out overnight

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

I made my first order just yesterday. Even with shipping your cost was maybe 2/3 the best price I found.

Paul
            US Army (Retired), Federal Way, WA

1990 Bayliner 3288 - the "Janna Lea"
            MMSI: 338181912

Comment

Originally posted by O1dSoldier View Post
              I made my first order just yesterday. Even with shipping your cost was maybe 2/3 the best price I found.
              Thanks! Tracking number is in your inbox.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

Thanks to the several BOC members who ordered boat parts and supplies from www.boatparts4less.com yesterday.

Your orders are already qued for shipping on Monday morning.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

Thanks to everyone who made recent purchases at www.boatparts4less.com

Right now ACR is having a sale on EPIRBS.

Find your best price then shoot me a pm or email. I’m happy to beat the price but unfortunately cannot offer lower than the Minimum Advertised Price set by the manufacturer on the web site.

Thats why everyone has the same price online.

All you need to do is ask and then I can offer a lower price.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

If you need boat parts my online store might just have what you need! We have fair prices at just 10% above our actual wholesale cost.
                    We also pay the 3% credit card fees and shipping for orders over $250 out of that.

Everything on our site is in stock, and we ship daily. All the parts are brand new and we are an authorized dealer for everything we sell

We are also accountable to YOU. If you were to have a problem with your order I am REALLY easy to find

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

I ordered some Bravo Zincs a bit ago, thanks Kevin! Great prices, especially for us Washington guys... They will know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X