Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of an Autopilot for your Stern Drive boat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of an Autopilot for your Stern Drive boat?

I recently learned that there is a great Autopilot solution available specifically designed for the Mercruiser sterndrives.
    When I had a 2452 and a 2859 I really wanted a autopilot but there were none that would work.

We have a great selection of autopilots from all the major manufacturers along with Octopus Autopilot drives to fit almost any boat.

www.boatparts4less.com

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Wish I'd seen that for my 2859.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Mine is being delivered tomorrow, ordered Sunday. Now that's service. Kevin is great to work with, was quick to answer all my questions, and lets not forget saved me a couple of hundred bucks!
      Will definitely be my go to guy for electronics and other boating needs. Next up Radar.
      Dave
      2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
      2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
      2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
      http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

• SprinterX
        SprinterX commented
        Editing a comment
        I look forward to hearing how your 305 autopilot project progresses Dave.

• moultdkdj
        moultdkdj commented
        Editing a comment
        I will post when everything is installed. Won't be until late April when it's time to splash.

I have Trophy 2539 with a 5.7 Alpha Gen and I'm running Simrad ESS9 EVO3 electronics. What would the price and parts needed to add auto pilot?
      2004 Trophy 2359
      5.7 liter Carb
      Alpha
      15 hp Merc Kicker

Comment

Originally posted by ardoski14 View Post
        I have Trophy 2539 with a 5.7 Alpha Gen and I'm running Simrad ESS9 EVO3 electronics. What would the price and parts needed to add auto pilot?
        An autopilot in its simplest form is really just an autopilot computer tied to a drive unit.
        Cost and complexity are all over the map.
        You can interface your autopilot with your chartplotter...or not.
        You can get more bells and whistles...or not.

From a budgetary standpoint, parts are going to run from about 2500 and up, but the actual computer you choose can dramatically affect that number in a upward direction.

Knowing the budgetary amounts, if yu are in the market for a autopilot, and since you will probably be doing the installation yourself I would recommend that you contact Octopus drives and get a part numbers for the drive unit and the rudder feedback unit to fit your application. Then pick out a computer, which s generally sold as a “corepack” consisting of a computer, and a heading sensor and get your best price.

Then contact me with those part numbers and prices and I’ll beat them on a package deal. Just this week I have saved people several hundred dollars doing just that.
        I will be perfectly honest with you as well. If what you find price wise is below my cost I’ll tell you, and at the very least you will know you are getting the very best deal out there.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY
        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

An autopilot in its simplest form is really just an autopilot computer tied to a drive unit.
          Cost and complexity are all over the map.
          You can interface your autopilot with your chartplotter...or not.
          You can get more bells and whistles...or not.

From a budgetary standpoint, parts are going to run from about 2500 and up, but the actual computer you choose can dramatically affect that number in a upward direction.

Knowing the budgetary amounts, if yu are in the market for a autopilot, and since you will probably be doing the installation yourself I would recommend that you contact Octopus drives and get a part numbers for the drive unit and the rudder feedback unit to fit your application. Then pick out a computer, which s generally sold as a “corepack” consisting of a computer, and a heading sensor and get your best price.

Then contact me with those part numbers and prices and I’ll beat them on a package deal. Just this week I have saved people several hundred dollars doing just that.
          I will be perfectly honest with you as well. If what you find price wise is below my cost I’ll tell you, and at the very least you will know you are getting the very best deal out there.
          Thanks! I'll work getting the part numbers this week.
          2004 Trophy 2359
          5.7 liter Carb
          Alpha
          15 hp Merc Kicker

Comment

Working...
          X