Boat Parts For Less

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Parts For Less

My company Big Lake Supply is now offering Marine Parts and Supplies. If it has anything to do with boats equipment we probably have it. We are a family run business specializing in Electrical Switching and Measuring equipment since 1999.

Everything on our new web site is in stock. We offer low flat rate (or free) ground and overnight shipping to the lower 48 states, and same day service.

We have set our pricing to be lower than the big stores online. If you see an item we missed that is priced lower elsewhere, give us a call, or send an email, and we’ll beat their price.

http://boatparts4less.com

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Good catalog now that the link works. Bookmarked
    R.J.(Bob) Evans
    Buchanan, SK
    Cierra 2755
    Previously 43 Defever, Response LX
    Various runabouts, canoes & kayaks

Comment

• Nauti_Mike
      Nauti_Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      Still not working on my iPad

We’ll also be adding marine plumbing, sanitation, and safety equipment in the next day or so.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Boatfix v2.0?

DNS not yet propagated to Chicago as of 1017A local.
      Mocoondo
      2002 Bayliner 195 Capri
      Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
      MMSI: 338091755

Comment

Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post
        Boatfix v2.0?

DNS not yet propagated to Chicago as of 1017A local.
        Funny thing...

George and I were good buddies back in the early days of the 2000’s. He helped coach me on running the BOC quite a bit.

We both started our online based businesses about the same time. He transitioned from a marine repair shop to online based sales, and I transitioned from a part time Generator Repair shop to selling electrical switchgear. This was way back in 1999 - 2000 timeframe. Starting my business is why I stepped down from running the BOC and handed it to Stratocaster. Just not enough time to do everything.

He had a great idea, but he grew super fast and could not keep up with his orders. He broke 2 million in sales in year 2002 if I remember right.

My business just puttered along, gaining market share in a very small market. I never quit my day job, prefering to enslave my wife, and utilize my 50% work days day job time off, and the income as a supplement. George quit the marine repair business entirely and had to live off his online business income.

Boatfix imploded around 2005 if memeory serves correctly, a falling out with the guy that did his technical stuff, and George was forced out of the market.

Today my business still does well. We have consolidated market share, and have sales well in excess of a million a year, not bad for a very nitch market. I have never quit my day job, prefering not to risk everything even though my business nets more than my day job. When I officially retire in a couple of years we’ll just run the business, which will make for a very nice retirement suppliment.

We’ll see where the marine business line goes. Times have changed and things are more automated than when George started up. My wife is worried that we will bet bogged down with little orders, but I have solutions in place to minimize the manual labor part of things.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY
        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Kevin it works and is marked, thanks.
          Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
          96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Thanks!!!

BTW, the first BOC member (who shall remain anonymous) has placed his first order, which is shipping today.

Today I’l be adding several more categories, Marine sanitation, Pumps and other plumbing stuff, and safety gear.

If anybody wants something and finds it cheaper somewhere else (which will only happen for Minimum Advertised Pricing items), please email, and I’ll beat their price. I just cannot advertise lower than MAP pricing on the web site.

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY
            SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

Funny thing...

George and I were good buddies back in the early days of the 2000’s. He helped coach me on running the BOC quite a bit.

We both started our online based businesses about the same time. He transitioned from a marine repair shop to online based sales, and I transitioned from a part time Generator Repair shop to selling electrical switchgear. This was way back in 1999 - 2000 timeframe. Starting my business is why I stepped down from running the BOC and handed it to Stratocaster. Just not enough time to do everything.

He had a great idea, but he grew super fast and could not keep up with his orders. He broke 2 million in sales in year 2002 if I remember right.

My business just puttered along, gaining market share in a very small market. I never quit my day job, prefering to enslave my wife, and utilize my 50% work days day job time off, and the income as a supplement. George quit the marine repair business entirely and had to live off his online business income.

Boatfix imploded around 2005 if memeory serves correctly, a falling out with the guy that did his technical stuff, and George was forced out of the market.

Today my business still does well. We have consolidated market share, and have sales well in excess of a million a year, not bad for a very nitch market. I have never quit my day job, prefering not to risk everything even though my business nets more than my day job. When I officially retire in a couple of years we’ll just run the business, which will make for a very nice retirement suppliment.

We’ll see where the marine business line goes. Times have changed and things are more automated than when George started up. My wife is worried that we will bet bogged down with little orders, but I have solutions in place to minimize the manual labor part of things.
              Great story. There was a time when Boatfix was the only place I ordered items from. It was like the Amazon of boat stuff. I couldn't believe how fast orders were fulfilled and the prices were beyond compare. Then suddenly it took a crap.

Not sure if you heard or not, but George Van Pary's passed away last year. He was a really nice guy.
              Mocoondo
              2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

By the way, still not propagating for me...which is probably a good thing. My boat already sits low in the water.
                Mocoondo
                2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

Originally posted by Mocoondo View Post

Great story. There was a time when Boatfix was the only place I ordered items from. It was like the Amazon of boat stuff. I couldn't believe how fast orders were fulfilled and the prices were beyond compare. Then suddenly it took a crap.

Not sure if you heard or not, but George Van Pary's passed away last year. He was a really nice guy.
                  I did not, I am very sorry to hear that. He was a great guy. We lost touch after boatfix. I called him once and talked about his lighthouse project, then well, you just loose touch.
                  His help in forming and solidifying the BOC was invaluable. Few know all the help he provided behind the scenes in the early days.

KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY
                  SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I just added Marine Plumbing, Sanitation, and Safety equipment

KEVIN SANDERS
                    4788 LISAS WAY
                    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Just bought a new URL www.boatparts4less.com

KEVIN SANDERS
                      4788 LISAS WAY
                      SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I hope you are very successful Kevin! I’ll definately order but admittedly I’m the little guy your wife worries about.
                        Jim Gandee
                        1989 3888
                        Hino 175's
                        Fire Escape
                        Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Kevin, you will get my buseness, next thing very small is to connect the Flowscan wiring to my Lowrance touch two for the GPS hock up.
                          Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
                          96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

Site is finally active for me. Looks good.

If you decide to add to your offerings, consider carrying packages of just the Halkey Roberts bobbins for inflatable PFD's in addition to the full rearm kits. Come to find out, it is only the bobbin that has an expiration date; the C02 cartridge only expires once it is fired. I recently recertified my inflatable PFD's because they were close to expiration and almost ended up buying half a dozen complete kits ($$$$) and then I found that packs of bobbins were also available. Saved a bunch of money renewing my PFD's.

I know...I know...That's one of those little orders your wife warned you about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9211.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	403685
                            Attached Files
                            Mocoondo
                            2002 Bayliner 195 Capri

Comment

Working...