new tunnels:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new tunnels:

I will be building propeller tunnel extensions that fit the 38XX, again starting in 2 days, I have the first 2 sets sold, I have increased this thickness from 3/8" to about .4 with the flange being thicker, the length is 18".
    I will try and come up with a guide for installation.
    For those that do not know what the tunnels are they bolt on to the transom in line with the prop pockets/tunnels.
    The effect is: An increase in speed at the same RPM about 1.5 knots-this is from a BOC member that installed a pair of tunnels at fast cruise.
    As a result the fuel consumption should be less.
    Also the tunnels will significantly reduce or even eliminate that rooster tail and keep the stern higher; towing a dingy- no rooster tail and no wild swinging of the towed dingy and water over the swim step.
    Each boat may have different results, but they do work, If interested contact me and I will give you my phone number and email as well as the price for a pair.
    The tunnels are solid fiberglass and white gel coated.
    Pat boatworkfl.
    Last edited by boatworkfl; 12-04-2017, 03:46 PM.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

I made a big BO-BO when I contacted several members with the price of a pair of propeller tunnel extensions that fit the 38XX, they are not $70.00 a pair, they are $750.00 a pair.
    Last edited by boatworkfl; 12-04-2017, 03:45 PM.
    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
    Twin 350 GM power
    Located in Seward, AK
    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Hey Pat . . . any chance that your tunnels would also work on an 1998 Avanti 3685? . . . just thought I'd ask . . . might be interested.
      1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
      Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
      WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
      James H. Stradling

Comment

Working...
      X