Still wanting to purchase a 4788

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still wanting to purchase a 4788

Still searching for a 4788 on the West Coast to purchase. Haven't found the right one yet. Let me know if you know of one coming up for sale!!
    Tom and Jana
    Wanting to buy a 4788
    Camano Island, WA

Check out yachtworld 47 bayliner
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Thank you, mmichellic! I check yachtworld every day but no luck yet finding the "right" one.
      Tom and Jana
      Wanting to buy a 4788
      Camano Island, WA

Comment

Curious question... what makes a 4788, the “right one”? Is it hours? updates? fixer upper? Etc,etc....

~BJ
        BJ
        OMEGA

Comment

igiftmon - the "right one" for us is overall mechinacal condition (husband not a mechanic or fix it guy) interior condition and exterior condition - not into a fixer upper.
          Tom and Jana
          Wanting to buy a 4788
          Camano Island, WA

Comment

Here is an idea...

Something I learned is that every boat has some issues when you buy it (just like a house) and that any issue can be resolved.

Any issue can be fixed by a good boatyard. if you do not have the time or inclination to do the work yourself. Yes it is expensive, but owning any boat is expensive especially if you do not do your own work.

If it were me, I would pick a boat that checks most of the boxes for your needs and refurbish it to be what you really want.
            With the economy improving the market demographic buying quarter million dollar boats is not getting smaller, its getting larger.

Having just done a search for 1997-2008 Bayliner and Meridian 4799/490’s and only finding two for sale in the pacnw, its clear you are going to have to just buy one, probably at full or near aking price and start your journey.

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY
            SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

ksanders - all good points and we have boated for over 40 years and have had many boats. We are going to look at a couple that are on yachtworld next week. Older than we wanted but seems that's all that is available right now for the price we want to pay - another one of our "right one". Disappointed the market is so slim right now!
              Tom and Jana
              Wanting to buy a 4788
              Camano Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by janas View Post
                ksanders - all good points and we have boated for over 40 years and have had many boats. We are going to look at a couple that are on yachtworld next week. Older than we wanted but seems that's all that is available right now for the price we want to pay - another one of our "right one". Disappointed the market is so slim right now!
                I am sure it’s frustrasting!

After several years of our demographic worrying about our 401-K’s and not wanting to spend money, the economy has turned (like it always does) and now we are buying up the things we always wanted but were afraid to buy.

KEVIN SANDERS
                4788 LISAS WAY
                SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

I certainly understand Kevin! We still have 2-3 years until we retire so trying to be careful with what we buy. Still need to eat!! Lol!!
                  Tom and Jana
                  Wanting to buy a 4788
                  Camano Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by janas View Post
                    I certainly understand Kevin! We still have 2-3 years until we retire so trying to be careful with what we buy. Still need to eat!! Lol!!
                    Yes!!! At this stage it’s not what you can buy, it’s how long are you willing to work to pay for it.

Lots of guys out there working through their 60’s paying for boats while they stare out the office windw...dreaming

KEVIN SANDERS
                    4788 LISAS WAY
                    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Very true, Kevin! Boat prices have really escalated this past year! We love our jobs, but when we hit 66 we are out!! So we need to find a boat that works for us and we can afford in retirement. The hunt is still on......
                      Tom and Jana
                      Wanting to buy a 4788
                      Camano Island, WA

Comment

Be patient, the more boats you look at the more you will learn. Maybe there aren't many available now but these boats will always be coming on the market.and the one with yourr name on it is out there somewhere. Just be raeady to jump on it when it appears.
                        Stan
                        2001 Bayliner 4788
                        Underhulls
                        Bow & Stern Thrusters
                        Hydronic heater
                        330 Cummins

Comment

Working...
                        X