Season For Selling/Buying a Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season For Selling/Buying a Boat

Is there a season(s) for buying/selling a boat in Florida? We are in the market to sell our boat and buy a different one. Thanks
    Ray

Can’t speak for FL. Here in the PNW we sell the most boats in May and June. However, in order to purchase a boat in May or June the process must start in March or April. In order for the process to start in March or April then you need to start looking in January of February. That said I find a lot of serious buyers in October. The season is over and they want to trade up for the next year, they want to give themselves plenty of time so they start early. Basically the time to put your boat up for sale is when you have decided it’s time. Don’t worry about seasons.
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

Thanks. Well said?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiltrider1 View Post
        In order to purchase a boat in May or June the process must start in March or April. In order for the process to start in March or April then you need to start looking in January of February.
        Exactly. If I were planning to sell, I'd be getting it going that direction right about now.

Comment

It has been my experience here in the PNW that right after the boat show at the end of January people start to get the itch to purchase. Everyone wants to get their boat and be able to get it ready for the boating season. That means by end of February they are looking heavily and by March and April they are making their deals.

Comment

Working...
          X