Gettin Jabbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oakplank View Post
    The way I look at it, it’s all about logic. If the large majority of people dying from Covid-19 these days have not been vaccinated, logic would say “get vaccinated”. However, if the large majority of those who have been vaccinated are dying, logic would say “don’t get vaccinated”. Bottom line, use logic to decide if you should get vaccinated or not. That’s how I made my decision. The problem is that fear is used by some, instead of logic, to influence our decision.
    Caution - statistics anywhere usually have a way to be abused most all of the time.

One example - once a larger majority of the population is vaccinated the likelihood that folks will die from breakthrough cases while vaccinated rise. This along with the fact that the elderly are much higher along in the vaccination rate will eventually lead to a higher rate of death even when vaccinated.
    Northport NY

Comment

I believe it should be a personal choice, that being said I have both shots and getting booster in about an hour. I am a believer if there is something out there that can prevent me from getting sick I'm getting it.
      I have been getting flu shots ever since being in the service, and I have never gotten the flu. knock on wood!
      I also believe there should be more restrictions on the unvaccinated, yes it is their choice not to get it but the majority has and in this world majority rules. So we need to stop putting restrictions on us that have done our part to slow this thing, and only restrict those who have made the personal choice not to get it. Personal choices still carry consequences.
      Just my 2 cents.

Dave
      2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
      2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
      2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
      http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

Received the booster. Has a sore arm for about 30 hours or so like the first dose. Got the shot went home and to bed. Woke up with some body aches but to temperature. Body aches lasted about a day and I am now fine. Daughters test came back positive. She's feeling rather poorly and having a tough time with it. She is now planning to get the vaccine when she recovers.
        Rick Grew

2022 Tahoe T-16

2004 Past Commodore
        West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

I just deleted several posts. some were political in nature and some just quoted a political post.

Please do not post anything political in this thread, as I will just delete it, and I work hard enough already.

No Vaccine is political. It is just a vaccine. If your employer forces you to follow their safety rules, that is there right, just like it is your right to find another job.
          Like it or not, that is the way things are, and it is again not political.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 DOS PECES - SEWARD ALASKA

Whats the weather like on the boat
          https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where am I right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/2R02

Comment

I think many folks are conflating two issues together.

1 - Is it better to be vaccinated than not being vaccinated?
            2 - Is it right to encourage/force people to get vaccinated?

Answer to 1st question it is DEFINITELY better to be vaccinated than not. Covid vaccine may or may not offer perfect immunity, there may be small number of relatively minor side effects, .. but overall, and especially considering the risk of serious illness/death that Covid may result in, there is no doubt, especially in scientific/medical terms, that it is better to be vaccinated; Demonstrated benefits far outweigh potential side effects.

Answer to 2nd question is a bit more murky. No doubt, society has an interest in preventing unvaccinated people carrying and passing the Covid virus (indeed, any other virus or disease) to others. Hence, society has the right to seek some restrictions upon those who are diseased or, considering how easily Covid spreads, those who are not vaccinated. We can continue to debate this point but at no point does it make sense to ignore the answer to the 1st question, that "IT IS DEFINITELY BETTER TO BE VACCINATED THAN NOT", on principle alone.

I got my shots, I am comfortable with myself, I do not understand others who reject benefits of Covid vaccination due to their "principles".

Stay healthy!
            Retired, computer expert / executive
            Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
            Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
            D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
            [email protected]
            [email protected]

Comment

I personally know of several people who have been reasonably healthy, not super old, and the next week dead of Covid.

I do not personally know of anybody who died or even had a serious side effect from any of the three vaccines available here.

I am reasonably healthy, and not super old so it was easy for me to decide what group I wanted to be in.

BTW I got my Flu shot as well, as I always do. I also keep my Tetanus updated, and am somewhat protected against anything that modern medicne offers protection from. This one is no different, just adding to the list.

KEVIN SANDERS
              4788 DOS PECES - SEWARD ALASKA

Whats the weather like on the boat
              https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where am I right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/2R02

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                I just deleted several posts. some were political in nature and some just quoted a political post.

Please do not post anything political in this thread, as I will just delete it, and I work hard enough already.

No Vaccine is political. It is just a vaccine. If your employer forces you to follow their safety rules, that is there right, just like it is your right to find another job.
                Like it or not, that is the way things are, and it is again not political.
                Unfortunately, politics seem to be in everything these days and is the reason I am not on social media platforms.
                I agree vaccines should never be political, so thanks for keeping up to not allow it!
                Dave
                2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
                2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
                2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
                http://baylinerownersclub.org/galler...2_itemId=11187

Comment

I just read through this whole thread and am simply amazed how the seemingly best kept secret is the effects of certain vitamin deficiencies can have on Covid . We knew early on how vitamin D deficiency was a big determinant of one’s recovery yet all we heard of and continue to hear is about more shots. Vitamin C also plays a part . Then there is Zinc which plays a part in getting through colds and flu. Why aren’t these even spoken of ? Then the real elephant in the room COMORBIDITIES the top ones being DIABETIC and FAT . From early on the medial world should have been screaming now is the time to shape up yet not a single word from government especially . Just a continued barrage of advertisements to get jabbed. There’s so much that people can easily do to deal with Covid yet you must go hunt for it. I began asking why a couple years ago. I’ve learned an awful lot since then and much of it is derogatory towards authorities both governmental and medical.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/. These medical professionals offer fantastic advice on prevention, dealing with and recovering. They have a weekly Zoom conference every Wednesday night at 7PM Eastern. I highly recommend watching!!

https://youtu.be/c15m3yhlIxk. Dr Campbell has been giving a daily unbiased presentation almost daily since it began. I’ve watched him nearly 2 years.

Comment

• Mortenti
                    Mortenti commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nailed it!! Also it doesn’t help the pharmaceutical’s narrative when you now have Klaus Schwab (Ian Flemming couldn’t have imagined a more evil character seeking world domination)publicly bragging about the “great reset” and bragging on his powerful political acolytes such as Justin Trudeau, Marcon, amongst many others.. North Americans unfortunately love to always take the easy route on everything and believe, and purchase anything their TVs tell them to. I don’t know if any of you know pilots of Jet Sharing companies, that ferry around these elites, but the pilots hear what they’re talking about. Conspiracies? They’re as real as that RE development that’s suddenly going to appear down the road. There are long term plans afoot for al.
                Working...
                X