No announcement yet.

Gettin Jabbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and the wife have just got over the Covid. I would not wish it on my worst enemy! I brought it home from work and the wife got it from me. One coworker spent a week and a half in the hospital on oxygen and another one has been out for two months with no idea if or when he will return. As soon as the vaccine is available I'm getting it! -Tom.
    1977 Saratoga Sunbridge 2550. A project that I hope will be done by the time I retire. See the gory details here- https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...ld-gctid659768

Comment

Originally posted by TommyT View Post
      Me and the wife have just got over the Covid. I would not wish it on my worst enemy! I brought it home from work and the wife got it from me. One coworker spent a week and a half in the hospital on oxygen and another one has been out for two months with no idea if or when he will return. As soon as the vaccine is available I'm getting it! -Tom.
      Stories like that solidify my decision. You never know if you'll get nothing, or a cough, or be hospitalized, or die.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

• kenw2w
        kenw2w commented
        Editing a comment
        or have longer term effects...

I don't know this for sure, but I've been ready and hearing stories about symptoms from the vaccines and I'm starting to think that the severity of the symptoms from the 1st and maybe even more so for the 2nd vaccine portends what the severity of the actual virus might be if contracted. I have no proof, but it I'm starting to think there may be a pattern. One story I heard from a lady in her 50's-60's standing in line for her 2nd shot was telling me, when she got the 1st vaccine it really hit her hard and she was down for like 14 days running fevers, nauseous, couldn't keep any food down, severe dehydration, even etc. After I heard all she went through I asked her why in the world would she want the 2nd vaccine. She told me her doctor recommended it, saying that if that's what happened from the vaccine the actual virus might be devastating.
      Wayne,

Washington State, Salish Sea, Everett

1993 2859, 5.7L, Bravo 2, Seahawk II MMSI 338384974
      1988 Trophy 2160, 4.3L, VP Duoprop MMSI 338120888
      1988 1750 Bass & Ski, Force 125

Comment

My wife got her shots a month ago. First one was fine, second knocked her of her feet. She works health care. I fly all over the world, we have 3 weekly flights to a place 200 miles south of Wuhan. They are so scared of us we csn't leave the plane, not even when we break down.
        Chinese health form have had a question if we are vaccinated already for 3 month, only a matter of time before they demand the shot. Hong Kong used to be a layover for us, they have gotten so strict we do all crew changes now in Korea, the only country that has been accepting of crews, not for passengers (those go to quarantine hotel and get kicked out again). But this is adding 2 cycles plus landing / parking fees to the operation. Not cheap.
        Now Germany is becoming difficult to enter. They, like Korea and a few others need a negative test be able to enter, and then travel within the EU is nearly impossible, and we go bsck and forth to Belgium as we have operations in both countries.

As much as I hate needles I should get the shot, but the FAA has been slow approving the shots (only one so far) and as essential as I am, my state (WA) doesn't want to see me yet as I am too young (53).
        A coworker in Alaska just had his second shot, same age, also a wife in health care.

Several of my coworkers have been sick, mostly mild, aircraft are great for infecting others. But at a previous employer there are a few guys in their forties who have been sick for month, with no idea when they can return to work. One has a rash on his body that just doesn't want to go away, and he's had it over 2 month already. One of my first officers to-be and I got tested in LAX last week, I was negative, he tested positive twice after a negative test few days earlier for return to duty after being sick before.

I need to get the shot... I hate needles....I need to get it.

Comment

Well

I'm a week post-jab from my first Moderna shot and only had a sore arm for a few days.

As Wayne put it, If I get sick from the 2nd shot, that's better than getting sicker from the virus itself.

KEVIN SANDERS
          4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
          www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
          https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

I got Pfizer, mild arm soreness on the first, sore shoulder and grogginess/lethargy for the second. Not bad at all. Wife got Moderna, she slept for 30 of 36 hours. We are early 60's. Mom is 82. Her second P shot kicked her ass the next day, but she felt great by bedtime. We have a month behind us. We all work in Healthcare.
            Tally and Vicki
            "Wickus" Meridian 341
            MMSI 338014939

Comment

Had second Moderna on Saturday. Felt fine through the rest of the day but by Sunday morning I was physically wasted. Slept most of the 2nd day, Sunday. Was back to normal today (Monday). Had to go out and play 18 holes just to be sure but everything was good.....except my score.

wife had second Moderna yesterday (Thursday). She’s getting through it better than me. She slept for a couple hours this afternoon otherwise she says she’s fine.
              Last edited by Rick_Kenyon; 02-26-2021, 03:29 PM.
              1990 2755 - sold
              2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

Working...
              X