No announcement yet.

Gettin Jabbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, try being a Canadian. We have had about 1.5 million doses administered to date which is just over 3 doses per 100 population. USA is administering a million doses a day with about 15 doses per 100 population in total. If there is a government dropping the ball, it is ours. But then, we are being led by a drama teacher.
    Ron & Kellie
    Just Us 2 - 2001 4788
    New to us September 2020
    Moored in Coal Harbour

Comment

Here in Alaska we just opened the vaccines up to people over 50 with severe medical conditions, or those over 50 who are front line essential workers.

I became eligible because I still work for the local power company as an essential worker and am over 50.

Our vaccine distribution is easy. The state vaccine web page has available providers which are not only the big shot clinics, they are the local pharmacies that are set up for giving injections already.

I was able to get an appointment at our local Walmart pretty easily.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Still working on people over 80 here.
        Ron & Kellie
        Just Us 2 - 2001 4788
        New to us September 2020
        Moored in Coal Harbour

Comment

Originally posted by Pocoron View Post
          Still working on people over 80 here.
          As of this morning we have first dose vaccinated 120K out of our 730K population in the state of Alaska.

That's about 16.4% of the population.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

I got both shots and my wife is scheduled for her second shot 3/3. I hope Fauci is right that all adults who want the vaccine by April. We can't wait for most people to get vaccinated so things to revert back to some form of normalcy. It will be nice to be able to travel once again.

Joe
            1986 2850 Commend Bridge on hydrohoist
            A260 and AQ280 with DP lower unit

Comment

• randygh
              randygh commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, it will be nice to resume some normal activity. There's millions of young children that aren't learning facial expressions, and what those expressions mean. I don't foresee federal or state vaccine mandates, but I wouldn't be surprised if health insurance companies refuse to cover expenses related to Wuhan Virus treatment. Or, airlines might require proof of vaccination.. I'm fine with insurance companies excluding Wuhan Virus treatment expense if the patient refused to be vaccinated.

I agree personal choice. My opinion is, I have tried to read all the stuff with the studies and as many credible opinions as I could find. The most credible person I can find Dr. Fauci. He has been doing this type work for decades so if he backs it, I'm in! Got my 2nd dose of Moderna 2/11. Good luck everyone!
            Wayne,

Washington State, Salish Sea, Everett

1993 2859, 5.7L, Bravo 2, Seahawk II MMSI 338384974
            1988 Trophy 2160, 4.3L, VP Duoprop MMSI 338120888
            1988 1750 Bass & Ski, Force 125

Comment

Since the virus is so easily spread, and the medical professionals are telling us that we won’t have herd immunity until we get to maybe 75 to 80% vaccination, as much as I’m against government mandates, I feel this should be mandatory for everyone in this country. I don’t care if anyone else wants to risk death, I don’t want to die because some arrogant sob decided it was their right to not get vaccinated. This is a case of the greatest good for society, and since there is no article in the bill of rights saying you have the right not to get vaccinated, I feel everyone should be required to be vaccinated. Hell, we require it for kids to go to school. What’s the big deal?
              1990 2755 - sold
              2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

We had number two on Monday. The Admiral did okay but it knocked me down Tuesday. Better today.
                P/C Pete
                Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                MMSI 367770440

Comment

I got my first Tuesday. My arm is a bit sore but about the same as when i get the annual Flu Vaccine.

Easy Peasy. Cant's wait to be immune from this. I have been freaked out for a year now, and not enjoying it.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Originally posted by randygh View Post
                    Farmworkers are essential, but not high risk of severe morbidity if infected. Mortality rate is higher among 70+ seniors than 20-50 year old farmworkers.
                    “Farm workers are not big risk of mortality if infected”. However, they can spread it to those who are in danger of mortality. Which, to me, means they should take every precaution including vaccines to prevent being infected themselves. It takes an infected person to spread it to a person within that mortality group. The virus moves from one person to another person to another person and so on. We need to do whatever to break that chain of events before it reaches someone that it will kill.
                    Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
                    2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
                    12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

Well, i just read that we have vaccinated 58% of all those over 65 in Alaska.

The state wants that number to be higher of course, but that percentage is pretty on par with our "acceptance rate" here in Alaska.

We are to a point where we are offering the vaccine to

All Native Americans (through tribal health organizations)
                      All over 65
                      Over 50 if you are a front line essential worker or have health risks
                      All health care workers
                      All school workers
                      All emergency responders

Right now, today I found appointment times available in several local communities.
                      Unlike some states it seems Alaska is distributing the Moderna vaccine to local pharmacies which are managing their appointments.

The Pfitzer vaccine since it requires super cold refrigeration that is unavailable at a normal pharmacy is being distributed at mass vaccine sites like the local convention center.

Our case rate statewide is about 17 per 100,000 population. In my county we are about double that, and in Anchorage we are a bit lower.
                      This is way down from it's peak in December when i saw some areas in over 100.

The good thing is that our hospitalization rate is falling probably because we are targeting the elderly for vaccination

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Our org built a vax clinic that can do 1000 doses per day. I got to help design it and did the IT work. We did 600 per day on it's first day with the supply we had. It has been shuttered for a week: No vax available. I understand, it has been cold. We do have airplanes.
                        Something is not right, and it smacks of elitism, or cronyism. Or just plain corruption.
                        Now our county is going to build a vax clinic that can do 1000 doses per day. Why? Money? Doses are suddenly coming to come in droves? This pandemic is creating a money distribution system that is not sustainable and we may never recover from.
                        Browse the PPP list for your state. It is an eye opener. And likely only the tip of the iceberg.
                        Tally and Vicki
                        "Wickus" Meridian 341
                        MMSI 338014939

Comment

Originally posted by talman View Post
                          Our org built a vax clinic that can do 1000 doses per day. I got to help design it and did the IT work. We did 600 per day on it's first day with the supply we had. It has been shuttered for a week: No vax available. I understand, it has been cold. We do have airplanes.
                          Something is not right, and it smacks of elitism, or cronyism. Or just plain corruption.
                          Now our county is going to build a vax clinic that can do 1000 doses per day. Why? Money? Doses are suddenly coming to come in droves? This pandemic is creating a money distribution system that is not sustainable and we may never recover from.
                          Browse the PPP list for your state. It is an eye opener. And likely only the tip of the iceberg.
                          The first round of PPP loans were basically a giveaway to every "small" business in America. In order to qualify for forgivness all you needed to do was certify that you had uncertainty for future revenue. You did not have to demonstrate it. That created a situation where a business that was unaffected or actually gained revenue could get 2.5X their monthly payroll costs paid by the federal government. I know a lot of small business owners. Every one of them got a first round PPP loan, that got or is getting forgiven.

The second round is tighter. In order to get forgiveness you need to demonstrate a 25% revenue decline in 2020 vs a corresponding quarter in 2019.

That pales to the money families got and continue to get that were not affected at all. It also pales to the extra $600 per week given in unemployment to folks that never made $600 a week to begin with. I have several friends that to this day cannot hire entry level workers because they make more on unemployment than the job pays. Businesses are literally competing with the government for entry level workers.

Then you have the fact that a landlord has to keep paying their mortgage but cannot evict anyone. Renters are getting more than they ever made and are not paying their rent too boot.

This whole thing has been a huge giveaway that the next generation will have to pay for.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
                            Gettin Jabbed on Tuesday morning

Moderna

Will be SO..... glad to have this behind me.
                            I had my second Moderna this week. No symptoms after the first shot but the second hit me hard. Nurse warned me that many were experiencing flu like symptoms after 10+ hours. That's exactly what I had on day two and day three, tapered off by day 4 and am fine now. (Symptoms, temp to 101, weakness, joint pain, spent a day in bed.).

Good luck!
                            Alan Teed
                            MOONSHADOW
                            1996 Wendon Sky Lounge 72'
                            Gig Harbor, WA
                            Previously:
                            1994 Bayliner 4788
                            2006 Hylas 49' SY
                            Bayliner 2855
                            1977 Cal 34' SY
                            1981 Hunter 33' SY

Comment

• ksanders
                              ksanders commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Alan!

Originally posted by talman View Post
                            It’s just insane how much fraud is going on with all the money the gov is throwing out there. The SBA is too small to even make a dent in the investigations so HSI and USSS are helping out, but there would literally need to be 1,000’s of investigators dedicated to just this to make a dent. Heck, even Governor Newsom of California got 3 million. Didn’t you all buy a new boat too?

https://www.news-press.com/story/new...ds/5694243002/

Esteban
                            Huntington Beach, California
                            2018 Element 16
                            Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
                            Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Working...
                            X