X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin Jabbed

Gettin Jabbed on Tuesday morning

Moderna

Will be SO..... glad to have this behind me.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

No, they don't do it there. They do it in your arm...
    1994 2859 in Tacoma, WA
    7.4 Mercruiser
    Still learning about other systems
    and specs.

Comment

Originally posted by jongleur View Post
      No, they don't do it there. They do it in your arm...

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

One of two, so only half behind you😆
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556
        Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I've got two Pfizer in, Vicki has two Moderna in. Her second, she slept 30 out of 36 hours. My second was sore aperature and grogginess.
          Both in Healthcare, I've been exposed to Covid more times that you can imagine.
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

We are scheduled for the second one Monday. I’m a little concerned about the six inches or so of snow we have right now not so much about getting there, it’s if they reschedule.
            P/C Pete
            Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
            1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
            Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
            MMSI 367770440

Comment

Lets hope that as more and more get inoculated that our lives and our world will start to return to normal.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

• builderdude
                builderdude commented
                Editing a comment
                Let’s hope so, unfortunately I’ll be last on the list😕

sara and I both got our first shots this past week. scheduled again 9th of next month. Problem is, it doesn't do much for the country until there are a couple hundred million more of us. Once you have the chance, don't be a knucklehead...get the shot.
              toni
              Toni Froehling

Yelm, Washington
              1994 Hino powered 4788

Comment

We're waiting for our health care provider and Whatcom County (WA) Health Dept for notification. We're qualified by age, but I'm not holding out much hope for our vaccinations soon. The state is really FU in distributing vaccine to counties. One county has 25% of the population vaccinated, another county is vaccinating farmworkers before seniors. If I was king . . . . swhtf.

Comment

• green650
                  green650 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand vaccinating farmers before seniors. What are the seniors sitting at home going to eat if the farmers are sick? They are pretty essential.

• randygh
                  randygh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Farmworkers are essential, but not high risk of severe morbidity if infected. Mortality rate is higher among 70+ seniors than 20-50 year old farmworkers.

Originally posted by talman View Post
                I've got two Pfizer in, Vicki has two Moderna in. Her second, she slept 30 out of 36 hours. My second was sore aperature and grogginess.
                Both in Healthcare, I've been exposed to Covid more times that you can imagine.
                Thank you for your commitment and courage helping everyone.
                Northport NY

Comment

We qualify by age group. We're scheduled for Thursday the 26th in a town 80 miles away and it's suppose to snow on that day. It dumped 9 inch on us yesterday. My cousin was suppose to go to Twin Falls for her first shot yesterday but didn't because the roads had turned to crap. We're scheduled on Feb 26th in a town 6 hours away (Clarkston, Wa). We also scheduled an appointment in Twin Falls, Id two hours away. We also got notification of availability in Moscow, ID 6 hours away. We would have like to have got them locally but when they opened up the 65 year old age group on Feb 1st the local hospital's phone system crashed. They had 100,000 phone calls. Idaho has really been behind the curve. If we manage to get them Thursday we'll cancel the other appointments. Jim
                  Jim
                  1975 2865 Carver Santa Cruz
                  Twin 215hp 302 Ford Waukesha
                  Twin Straight Shaft Drive
                  Tow Vehicle 2002 Ford F250 Superduty
                  7.3L Powerstroke
                  Boise, Id

Comment

im not trying to stir the pot but i wont be taking those vaccine's
                    heres why

1, its not a vaccine,
                    2, you can still get covid,
                    3, you can still spread covid
                    4 you still need to wear a mask
                    5. look at the data and the vaccine could kill 50,000 americans and injure 1000's
                    6 i wont be a guinea pig for these vaccines when im not high risk and think there are better/safer options

Ive been paying attention to what Mountain Valley MD here in Canada has been doing with Ivermectin, i bought some stock in the company 2 months ago and its up 1000%

I think you still have the right the choose in the USA unless Biden got rid of it

read up on the news releases from them

they can increase the absorption rate upto 800% and its in a Covid-19 clearance trial at a level 4 biohazard facility right now

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MVMDF/

Comment

• kwb
                      kwb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      1) It is a vaccine
                      2) and severity is greatly reduced
                      3) but if you don't get it or not as severe you don't shed as much virus greatly reducing the spread
                      4) OMG
                      5) COULD being keyword - odds are lower than getting COVID and potentially killing you or having life long complications
                      6) mRNA is not all that new, and you have what training to say that there are better/safer options?

Stock performance is not related to vaccination performance.

• ksanders
                      ksanders commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Goatman, you really need to read the actual data from the trials, and the CDC provided date.

1. false
                      2. Theoretically yes, but practically no. Read what the effective percentage of 94-95% really means in terms of the actual trials they did.
                      3. That is unknown since it has not been studied, but is suspected to be not true. They are just being cautious, and rightfully so
                      4. Refer to the above #3 same issue said a different way
                      5. False
                      6. Your body, your choice. My body my choice. I fully respect an individuals right to make personal decisions based on what they believe is right for them.

• goatman
                      goatman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ive read the data,
                      nobody knows the long term affects from this so my kids arent getting it either
                      i understand why older people want it, if it lessens the severity than good but fully vaccinated people are still contracting it

I’d like to get the vaccine but here in LA I don’t qualify as I’m not quite 65. Besides that the darn government is so screwed up as far as distribution and implementation it’s difficult for those who do qualify to obtain the shot!
                    Jim Gandee
                    1989 3888
                    Hino 175's
                    Fire Escape
                    [email protected]
                    Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

The only thing I can say is on the rollout of this - the ball was dropped in a big way. There is one organization that is fairly well equipped to do this effectively - National Guard. We had almost a year to develop the plan for distribution for whenever a vaccine was available. The desire to do this through private providers and state health agencies is needless complication. The lack of planning/picking a bad plan I place on the Federal government failures list for COVID.

My case for the National Guard:
                      • They have means of setting up large temporary facilities,
                      • They have systems established to collect all the names needed.
                      • They have loads of people qualified to give a shot and loads of people to do the data entry and sorting of people in line waiting.
                      • All of this can be done away from the traditional healthcare system and minimize any accidental transmissions.
                      • There are large parking lots all over the entire country that could be used to queue up lines of cars and nobody even needs to get out of a car.
                      1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
                      1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
                      Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_Gandee View Post
                        I’d like to get the vaccine but here in LA I don’t qualify as I’m not quite 65. Besides that the darn government is so screwed up as far as distribution and implementation it’s difficult for those who do qualify to obtain the shot!
                        My wife an I are in the same boat; we're not 65 yet. The way things are going in Washington state we'll probably be able to get our shots sometime before 2025

BTW, we're in PR right now and the shots are going well. There were a few hiccups at first, but things got solved quickly. The shot centers are staffed and run by a combination of National Guard soldiers and airmen, as well as civilians. They inoculated the medical professionals and first responders already. Now they are doing those over 65, teachers, and school staff. The plan is to have all teachers and staff vaccinated in order to open up schools in a couple of weeks.
                        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                        Anacortes, WA
                        Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Working...
                        X