I did it......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it......

I got this thing in the mail yesterday, one each, my wife and I.......
    It had boxes to mark off, we did, first time in over 12 years.......
    I already took them to the drop off box.
    If you knew me, the GREAT procrastinator, that was a HUGE change of behavior.

Do it too......
    If you want to stay, "United"

You adopted a child for less than a cup if coffee a day?

Comment

• Nauti_Mike
      Nauti_Mike commented
      Editing a comment
      He said one each so that would be two children.

So less than 2 cups of coffee a day

Comment

Decaf.......

Comment

• Shipsngiggles
        Shipsngiggles commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait, people still bother with Decaf?? Funny fact... There are several processes they use. One is that they don't really take the caffeine out of the coffee, they take the coffee that has been roasted too much and can't pass QC process, then they roast it some more to kill additional caffeine in it, then they grind it and they add a compound that neutralizes caffeine. Another is that they use Methylene Chloride or Ethylene Acetate to soak the beans in to remove the caffeine.

Either way... fascinating stuff.

Few years ago I visited my parents. Crashing headache for days. Tylenol didn't do a thing. On day 3 I looked at the coffee jar. Decaf.... I jumped on a bicycle, raced to the store and got some proper coffee. 10 minutes later the headache was gone. Coffee is a terrible drug, I am glad DOT allows (and encourages) its use....

Comment

Totally missed this thread. Good to hear Eddie now has two small children to pull up his crab pots.
        good deal Eddie 🤪🤣
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556
        Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

If he feeds them the proper mix of coffee and sugar, those pot will come up in a hurry. Of course, there is the problem of managing them when not employed pulling the pots....
          P/C Pete
          Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
          1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
          Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
          MMSI 367770440

Comment

Originally posted by Metrodriver View Post
            Few years ago I visited my parents. Crashing headache for days. Tylenol didn't do a thing. On day 3 I looked at the coffee jar. Decaf.... I jumped on a bicycle, raced to the store and got some proper coffee. 10 minutes later the headache was gone. Coffee is a terrible drug, I am glad DOT allows (and encourages) its use....
            It's not the coffee it's the caffeine which is a stimulant. Trying to quit caffeine cold turkey whether knowingly or not will give you one big time headache. I once decided to quit Pepsi cold turkey. A couple of days later I had a pounding headache. Actually was worried and went to the doctors. Mentioned that I had quit Pepsi. He said go out and get a Coke or Pepsi and drink it and your headache will go away. Did that and sure enough headache gone almost instantly.
            Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
            2021 Commodore
            West River Yacht & Cruising Club
            www.wrycc.com

Comment

Working...
            X