This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is social media becoming a problem

Do you have family members or friends that can't let go of their cell phone?

Do they even take their cell phone with them to use the bathroom?

Or is this you?

It's all a dream
    '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

Reading this on my phone, on the throne. Otherwise no, not attached to it at all.
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

• Terry_J
      Terry_J commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol

Study: 1 in 6 Cell Phones Contaminated With Fecal Matter

It's all a dream

Comment

I don't wipe my ass with it, I just read it.
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
        I don't wipe my ass with it, I just read it.
        LOL ... so before social media men would read the girly magazines on the crapper ... now they read off the cell phone.

Social media is becoming a problem then ... better and bigger pictures to read .
        It's all a dream

Comment

This is me right now!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
          2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
          Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
          Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Yep, this is me. I'm right now sitting in the bathroom with my phone. Wanna watch this video, let's see

Comment

Have you watched tik tok? 4 kinds of people

1. Shows funny videos
              2. Pat me on my back I did a good deed
              3. I'm keeping up with the jonses
              4. I have an issue, im upset, you only get my side of the story and everyone needs to pity me and fix my problem for me.

number 4 seems to be the most frequent.

It's turning adults into crying toddlers.

Comment

if you have netflix watch the Social Dilemma yes its a BIG PROBLEM. I don't do any of them.
                88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
                98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
                07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region

Comment

It is great that everyone has a voice thanks to social media but its also terrible that everyone has a voice....hitler and Stalin had a voice. Having a voice isn't always a positive. Humans are more like sheep than we care to admit.

it becomes dangerous when popularity can turn fiction into fact, falsehoods are twisted into reality.

common sense and moral compass have been replaced with compliance.

False profits are not a new concept. They just found a new soap box to stand on.

Technology is a dangerous thing when its used to erase our past. Proud or shameful its still our past. To erase it is unfair and cruel to our future generations. Rather have having the ability to learn from the past they likely have a better chance to repeat it.

Comment

Its even worse when they have the ability to control what becomes news and what does not. At that point it becomes the mortal enemy of free speech and democracy. Which is why I won't participate in any of them. Boycott social media take its power away before it takes yours away.
                    88 Four Winns 200 Horizon 4.3 OMC
                    98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0/Selectrac
                    07 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi/Quadradrive II

Long Island Sound Region

Comment

Originally posted by PickleRick View Post

Technology is a dangerous thing when its used to erase our past. Proud or shameful its still our past. To erase it is unfair and cruel to our future generations. Rather have having the ability to learn from the past they likely have a better chance to repeat it.
                      There’s an old adage which says “those that do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.“ We should heed that advice. Tearing down and destroying the lessons of history likely will result in the same future problems with different victims.
                      1990 2755 - sold
                      2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

Originally posted by 88fourwinns View Post
                        Its even worse when they have the ability to control what becomes news and what does not. At that point it becomes the mortal enemy of free speech and democracy. Which is why I won't participate in any of them. Boycott social media take its power away before it takes yours away.
                        which is exactly what Google, Facebook and Twitter are all doing right now. I’m not for banning them, just for making sure they are all completely open platforms, not allowing their editorial boards to decide what is appropriate and what is “potentially harmful or not factual”. Allowing them to make those decisions is what is risky.
                        1990 2755 - sold
                        2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

I take issue with social media, the platform for the "woke culture", using their resources to cancel out others because of their religious beliefs and/ or support of our president.

There are some terrible Christians out there. Real practicing Christians will tell you they dont hate gays or people with different gender beliefs. Love the sinner not the sin. Just because you love someoene doesn't require you to agree with them.

there are also anti Americans all around us. Those who want to ruin the careers of others because they support our president. The president of the United States deserves respect. It's great that we are in a country where we can openly protest our elected leaders but attacking those who voted different than you and intentionally trying to cause them social and financial harm because of their support of any elected official is a now accepted form of bullying and prejudice. The great thing about our democratic republic...if you don't like the president you get to vote on a new one in 4 years.

im also taking exceptional issue with the media's support one political party over another, both news stations and social media. Its one thing for members of said platforms to share their beliefs and opinions in proper context but it's an act of treason to purposely censor and ignore facts of reporting in order to further your political agenda.

5 years ago I'd have not imagined Christians being persucuted because of their faith. If you're gay be gay...its your right but don't attack others because they won't celebrate your lifestyle. If im a straight guy wearing a coexist rainbow t shirt im woke but if im a white guy wearing a sombrero to eat at a Mexican restaurant Im racist. This woke culture is hard to understand.

Comment

Guys, I’m closing this thread. Lets talk about boats here on the BOC.

KEVIN SANDERS
                            4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                            www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Working...
                            X