Great Lake Water Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Lake Water Levels

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_19311.jpg Views:	7 Size:	184.1 KB ID:	529601 I have never seen the waters on Lake Huron, Georgian Bay this high. My cousin lives on Georgian Bay by Parry Sound and in her 45 years on the Bay has never seen water levels this high. Wasaga Beach well is missing the beach.
    The road is the beach now, many beach events have been cancelled because of the high water. 80 beach volleyball teams were sent home because of the high water but the weekend tournament still went on. Normally there is 100' of beach at least. The last picture is the same Beach 1 just a file picture from the air.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190808-194013_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	529599Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190809-221422_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	529600Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190811-191016_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	393.1 KB ID:	529602
    Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
    The village idiot strikes again.
    300SD all options.

As a boater I love the higher water levels but it's a pain for those who own waterfront properties.
    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
    www.wrycc.com

Comment

Originally posted by RGrew176 View Post
      As a boater I love the higher water levels but it's a pain for those who own waterfront properties.
      Islands that were 2 feet above the water are now 2 feet underwater. A lot of hazards are now lurking just under the surface that were landmarks to navigate by.
      300SD all options.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong...Was it not about 5 years ago the Great Lakes water levels were low. Homeowners/Businesses on the lakes had their docks high and dry and had no access to the open water.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHIN00 View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong...Was it not about 5 years ago the Great Lakes water levels were low. Homeowners/Businesses on the lakes had their docks high and dry and had no access to the open water.
          Yes.
          Rick Grew

2004 Past Commodore
          www.wrycc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iproff View Post

Islands that were 2 feet above the water are now 2 feet underwater. A lot of hazards are now lurking just under the surface that were landmarks to navigate by.
            I will still take the higher levels over the lower ones as a boater.
            Rick Grew

2004 Past Commodore
            www.wrycc.com

Comment

Originally posted by FISHIN00 View Post
              Yup many marines had to dredge in the northern areas of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay they had to blast. The problem they had was fish spawning in Canada no dredging or blasting could take place until the end of June. There were only a few companies that had licensed people to carry out the operation. My buddy in Victoria Harbour has to add 200 feet of marine railroad to get his boat in the water. Worse boating year ever.
              300SD all options.

Comment

Working...
              X