Ticking Time Bomb - Health Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticking Time Bomb - Health Issue

Posting this in the spirit of the season. Hoping it may help someone. Mostly directed at Males, 65 and older who have had Cardiovascular issues. Nearly 6 years ago, I had my Sudden Cardiac Arrest that led to a quad bypass. About 2 years ago, my GP called and said he had just read a report linking Aorta Aneurisms to heart issues and thought I should get checked out. Simple as a Ultra Sound. Chances were low but yes, I have one. An normal Aorta is 2 cm, this Feb. mine was 4.6 and in Oct., it was 5.9. Here, they won't touch them to they are 5.5. Booked for surgery in the next couple of months but in the mean time doing more tests than I did in High School.The operation involves re-enforcing the exterior of the artery with a Dacron Wrap. In some cases, they can use a Stent. There is no pain or discomfort so there is no way of knowing if one has an Aneurism without an Ultra Sound, so next time you're at your GP or Cardiologist have a chat with him/her about the Ticking Time Bomb. The 3 main causes are hardening of the Artery, stress and aging.
    Wishing everyone the best for 2019. Ted

Good thing you have a smart Doc and followed up on his recommendations! Best to you Ted!
    Jim Gandee
    1989 3888
    Hino 175's
    Fire Escape
    Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

Thanks Jim. I have been extremely lucky. This is the second time he saved my life by calling for the right tests at the right time. Ted

Comment

Thanks for sharing and I hope your surgery goes well
        It's all a dream
        '03 245 5.7/BIII & '06 175

Comment

Working...
        X