The time has come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time has come

So as you may (or may not) have noticed, I havent been on the Forum much recently. A new job, ailing parents, etc. has led us to make a decision to sell the Bay-Bea. We just dont get on it like we used to and I have found myself the last few years spending more time commissioning it in the Spring and Winterizing it in the Fall than actually going out on her. It was a tough decision, we have so many great memories with her but we've decided its the right thing to do. I'll be posting her in the classifieds later today. Shes been babied since day one, shes clean as a whistle, so hopefully another family can make some great memories with her like we did. I hope the price I list her at is a fair one. I just see such a swing in price ranges when researching similar boats for sale on all the boating sites, so Im going to throw a dart in the middle and see what happens.

This is a great site, I've learned so much form you all. Hopefully theres another Bayliner in our future and Ill be back...!

Joey
    2007 Discovery 246
    5.0L MPI BRAVO III
    The "BAY-BEA"

Joey, sorry to see a fellow BOC member hanging it up. I hope in your future life slows down and you can enjoy time on the water. Good luck. K
    Kevin & Robyn
    Koppers Kove
    MMSI 338206107
    2001 Bayliner 2452
    5.7 B2 PT BRA3 17p

Comment

Originally posted by Koppers_Kove View Post
      Joey, sorry to see a fellow BOC member hanging it up. I hope in your future life slows down and you can enjoy time on the water. Good luck. K
      Thanks - its been so long I seem to have even lost my avatar!

EDIT: Found it!
      2007 Discovery 246
      5.0L MPI BRAVO III
      The "BAY-BEA"

Comment

I bought my 245 new in 2003 for ocean and a 175 in 2006 for lakes while the wife and I were still working in the big city. We used them a lot for the first several years but that started to slow down over time due to life priorities changes while working. The wife never did get used to the pacific ocean swells so her ocean boating time was limited anyway but she loved lake boating when we could make time for it. But then we finally retired and moved 2000 miles away to the country life where there are several large local lakes and rivers for boating. We thought seriously about selling the 245 before we moved but the wife and I decided to hold on to it. At the new home we boat all the time and never get tired of it. We sold the 175 and got a pontoon which gave us more room for family and friends. I'm currently upgrading the 245 with a new sound system and an extended swim platform. We plan on using the 245 a lot more going forward. We paid about 50k for the 245 new and add much more for upgrades. if we sold it now we would get much less than half what we invested. Holding on to the 245 was a good move for us. We ended up being in a position to boat whenever we want, which is often, and the closest lake is just a few miles away.
        2003 Bayliner 245
        2007 Sedona F21

Comment

Its a sad time in your life but we all must at some point face this. At our age we know our time has to be limited but we take it year by year.
          Hope your situation changes and you can get back to boating if you want.
          Doug
          Started boating 1955
          Number of boats owned 32
          Bayliners
          3870 presently owned
          Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Working...
          X