Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip to Springfield, OR; then some vacation time - what's to see??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip to Springfield, OR; then some vacation time - what's to see??

Admiral has a business trip out to Springfield, OR (believe it's around Eugene) for Voith and she needs "accompanying", so I'm going with her. Anyway, I'll be batching it whilst she works (love that whole idea) and then, when she's done, we plan on cruising around in a rental car and seeing the sights for week or so. Looking at the Atlas just isn't the greatest way of planning a trip or an itinerary so thought I'd ask you Oregonians and Washingtonians what are the best tourist traps for a couple from the "right coast"!! This is a one time deal, I'm sure, so we'd like to make the most of it while we're there . . . shame it's in Winter but hey, that may be good too!
    1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
    Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
    WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
    James H. Stradling

Animal House was filmed there!
    Then drive down to Grants pass or Medford for In-N-Out Burger. Best burgers in the country.

Comment

• Jeffw
      Jeffw commented
      Editing a comment
      Good burgers, sure, 4x4 animal style is my fave, but not worth a 200 mile drive each way. Tommy's, maybe...

I am not sure when you will be there but you are just a little over two hours drive to Crater Lake which is a wonder of the world. It is hard to describe. Snow can block the highway there. Also, you are about two hours from the Oregon coast. There a many little villages on 101 you can visit or take a walk on the sand and dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean . You can go up to your ankles and feel your feet freezing! A very nice place for lunch is "Our Daily Bread" about 10 miles West of Eugene. More girly than manly but you cant deny the food. Even walking the campus grounds can be a nice diversion.

Corky
    1992 3688
    Bellingham

Comment

Working...
    X