Recreational MJ is taking it's toll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recreational MJ is taking it's toll

For those of you that live in areas where it is not legal yet, don't believe the hoopla that says it does not affect your driving ability. There are negative consequences and the statistics prove it.
    http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...184020961.html

Pot is legal here. You can buy it in probably a dozen stores within 10 minutes of here.
    Of course pot negativle affects your driving, any intoxicant negativly affects your driving.

There will be a portion of the population that drinks and drives, and a portion that indulges in marijuana and drives.

Legalized pot is not an advocation for driving under the influence. Our laws are clear on that issue. If you drive under the influence of anything, you go to jail, and loose your license. Repeat offenses are a felony. Kill somebody and it’s murder 2 I think.

People that choose to indulge in Pot need to stay off the roads, just like people that indulge in alchohol.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY
    SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

And like alcohol those under 21 are not allowed to buy nor partake legally at any time. Funny as one of my many duties involves inspecting properties. This was found before it was legal and the trooper that was with me wasn't amused. He was expecting it to go quiet so he could get caught up on paperwork while I worked

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weed.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	392823
      Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Unfortunately cause and effect is coming into play here. It does make me wonder if someday these MJ laws will be revisited.
        Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
        West River Yacht & Cruising Club
        www.wrycc.com

Comment

From what I hear, Colorado and Washington state are seeing huge bonuses from legalizing pot.

I am pretty straight laced and don't indulge, but hey, more power to you if you do and do so responsibly.
          Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

What we are seeing here in Alaska is a shift from the black masrket to legal sales.

The people working in the industry pay taxes on their pay, and the business owners pay taxes on their profits.

The Law Enforcement Officers that were previously engaged in Marijuana investigations can not focus on the methanphetimine and opiate problem that seems to be plaguing our area.

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY
            SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Yep, and to my mind, the opiate and meth issues are far bigger fish to fry.
              Matt Train
              BOC Site Team
              Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Now some of the problems with the MJ industry are..... Banks won't accept your deposits from the business (federal drug laws) So you have to do some creative depositing.
                You have to visit locally, they cannot ship to the bush areas.
                And you have to pay your taxes in person with cash (again federal banking laws)
                Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
                  Now some of the problems with the MJ industry are..... Banks won't accept your deposits from the business (federal drug laws) So you have to do some creative depositing.
                  It’s even worse than that.

Some banks in Alaska actually closed down your account for personal and non marijuana related businesses, if your name even appeared on a marijuana business application.

AK USA credit union was one.

Lets say you had a personal account, or a business account for your non pot business entity.

You filed an application to start a pot business (grow, or sell, or test) and AK USA shut all your accounts down.

KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY
                  SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

Working...
                  X