Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRA Insurance?-gctid827999

I just received a link to this in an email. Three questions came to mind:

1. While this makes sense, don't the premiums seem rather ....high? Our house insurance isn't that much, and the payout is far less ....encumbered.

2. Like all insurance, it will never cover negligence nor the issue facing most homeowners defending their property - 'If you shoot someone, don't let them crawl off your property'. This insurance says it covers this, but how can it if the law stands against you? I realize the NRA is huge, but the law still takes precedence.

3. This seems so basic that it should already be included in most insurance policies. Is it?
    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
    MMSI: 367637220
    HAM: KE7TTR
    TDI tech diver
    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
    Kevin

First, I'm an older, I'm told, man of European decent. I don't feel the need to carry a weapon anywhere I travel and I have been in some pretty sketchy areas. I don't act in fear, so no body language to suggest fear. When I looked at the website all I saw was fear mongering. The implication is that you are going to get into some situation through no fault of your own and shoot somebody. If a person has that short of a fuse, the last thing they need is to be carrying a gun, IMO. So what if you are called a coward? It isn't the Wild West movies! Btw, I have a short fuse and need to be really careful most of the time.

I don't know who said "the paranoids are out to get me", but at lest one can buy insurance.....

Just my stupid opinion.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

The big deal here is that they cover criminal defense.
      1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
      2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
      Anacortes, WA
      Isla Verde, PR

Comment

"CptCrunchie" post=827999 wrote:
        I just received a https://www.nracarryguard.com wrote:...> link to this in an email. Three questions came to mind:

1. While this makes sense, don't the premiums seem rather ....high? Our house insurance isn't that much, and the payout is far less ....encumbered.

2. Like all insurance, it will never cover negligence nor the issue facing most homeowners defending their property - 'If you shoot someone, don't let them crawl off your property'. This insurance says it covers this, but how can it if the law stands against you? I realize the NRA is huge, but the law still takes precedence.

3. This seems so basic that it should already be included in most insurance policies. Is it?
        I was told by a police detective in MPLS, MN, back in the late 60's a friend of the family that if you shoot someone crawling into your window, and shoot them, but do not let them fall out!

Alaska is the only place I carried a pistol back in the 70's; in late 80's I stopped, 90's I moved to Seward AK, one of the safest locations I have ever lived.

I can carry a pistol concealed or open carry, and no one gives a second look when you do carry open in Alaska. I do have a concealed permit in Florida, but have yet to carry one here.

I remember back in the 70's a group of fur savers were marching in front of David Green furriers in Anchorage with signs and fake blood threating to throw it on a fur coat wearing passer by, an individual walked by with a David Green fur coat-lots of fur- and was carrying a large firearm and gave them the evil look, they left.
        Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
        Twin 350 GM power
        Located in Seward, AK
        Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
        X