Puerto del Rey Marina Damage - Puerto Rico-gctid825573

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto del Rey Marina Damage - Puerto Rico-gctid825573

In this video you can see the damage to Puerto del Rey Marina in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. It is the largest marina in the Caribbean with 1000 slips and 400 dry stacks. The extent of the damage to the boats is not clear. In general they seemed to have weathered the storm OK, considering they were 20 miles north of the eye of Hurricane Maria.

1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA
    Isla Verde, PR

We chartered out of this marina in 2014. Overall, it looks like very little damage, considering... only a few docks float and the breakwater would have most likely been underwater with the surge. It says a lot on how well the construction of this marina is.

Thanks for posting!
    1992 3288, twin Hino 150's sold
    S. Puget Sound

Comment

Unfortunately, it's more than can be said about the rest of the island. I've heard back from one relative and a couple of friends, but have not heard anything from the rest of my relatives. I read that 80% of the cell towers are out of service or destroyed. So hopefully they are OK and can't communicate right now.
      1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
      2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
      Anacortes, WA
      Isla Verde, PR

Comment

Puerto Rico was where they were evacuating people from the islands which were devastated by Irma...
        1994 2556, 350 MAG MPI Horizon, Bravo 2

Comment

Working...
        X