IRMA!!!-gctid823780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRMA!!!-gctid823780

Looks like we have a HUGE storm headed our way here in Florida. This one is stronger than Andrew, which clocked out at 155 mph before the gauge broke. I hope that all BOC'ers heed the warnings given and stay safe. I live in Central Florida, between Tampa and Orlando and am preparing. I will decide Friday either to ride it out or GET OUT OF DODGE, which in that case we will go out to Tallahassee in the panhandle.

Strat, you going to be OK out on the Islands?

Does it look like it will pass over Inverness?
    Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

"Alaskanmutt" post=823782 wrote:
      Many of the storm track models show her running up the center of the state....too many variables right now. If she gets into the Gulf all bets are off..Katie Bar The Door. I'm getting ready to either ride it out or evacuate Friday. Our 2014 Dodge Durango has a a driving range on a full tank of over 500 miles. The Jeep will go into the garage if we leave, parked along the side of the house if we stay. Dougs place should be OK, sheltered pretty good, if the storm gets into the gulf, I don't know. Iproff's place in Lakeland, like mine is iffy, depending on the storm track.

Dave

Comment

STrat is part of the hurricane response team at his workplace, so he is not able to leave. Thankfully, the track appears to be taking Irma south of Nassau. He's still in for a very rough week.

I am thinking about all of you in the path of this storm. Be smart, and be safe. FISHIN, please, pack up and get out. And don't go to the panhandle...I hear Atlanta is nice this time of year.
        Matt Train
        BOC Site Team
        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Dave, this threat is too big to take any chances. If you wait until Friday and you realize you do need to go then you will be scrambling with the millions of others trying to get out.
          2003 Bayliner 245
          2007 Sedona F21

Comment

I feel the need to remind you that Darwin favors the smart.
            "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
            MMSI: 367637220
            HAM: KE7TTR
            TDI tech diver
            BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
            Kevin

Comment

Thanks All....Friday noon is the go/no go decision. All ready have my routes planned( Not even going anywhere near a interstate). Go bag with important documents ready, 2 suitcases already packed. Going to get more fuel for the generator this afternoon. The local WalMart got in 20 pallets of water early this morning, gone in 30 min.

Comment

"FISHIN00" post=823784 wrote:
                "Alaskanmutt" post=823782 wrote:
                Many of the storm track models show her running up the center of the state....too many variables right now. If she gets into the Gulf all bets are off..Katie Bar The Door. I'm getting ready to either ride it out or evacuate Friday. Our 2014 Dodge Durango has a a driving range on a full tank of over 500 miles. The Jeep will go into the garage if we leave, parked along the side of the house if we stay. Dougs place should be OK, sheltered pretty good, if the storm gets into the gulf, I don't know. Iproff's place in Lakeland, like mine is iffy, depending on the storm track.

Dave
                This is part of the reason I bought in Mountain Home Arkansas....
                Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Good News...The latest tracking projections have the storm hitting South Florida as a CAT 4, then riding the coast northward to GA and SC as a CAT 3. I'm still getting prepared just in case.

BOC'ERs in GA and SC get prepared!

Comment

Speaking of Argh Kansas....

If you and Ken need a place to park let me know, there is power and water (sewage dump just down the road at the fed camp ground.) Lots of parking area for your rigs and if you drag the boat there is Norfork lake and Bull Shoals for stripers, largemouth, cats and walleye, and white river for trout..... The house is pretty much gutted but the bathrooms work as does the minimal kitchen.

5.5 acres in a "secluded" quiet area.
                    Boatless at this time

Comment

"Alaskanmutt" post=823886 wrote:
                      Speaking of Argh Kansas....

If you and Ken need a place to park let me know, there is power and water (sewage dump just down the road at the fed camp ground.) Lots of parking area for your rigs and if you drag the boat there is Norfork lake and Bull Shoals for stripers, largemouth, cats and walleye, and white river for trout..... The house is pretty much gutted but the bathrooms work as does the minimal kitchen.

5.5 acres in a "secluded" quiet area.
                      Don't be surprised if we show up one day for a visit...Stripers and Walleye have my attention. It's good to be retired!

Comment

Not retired yet, Still in AK, but the property is there.It would be just you.... and my friend that checks on the place a couple times a week.
                        Boatless at this time

Comment

"Alaskanmutt" post=823889 wrote:
                          Not retired yet, Still in AK, but the property is there.It would be just you.... and my friend that checks on the place a couple times a week.
                          Ken is still in CN, spoke with him yesterday....neither of us have heard from Doug......Thanks for the offer!

Comment

"FISHIN00" post=823885 wrote:
                            Good News...The latest tracking projections have the storm hitting South Florida as a CAT 4, then riding the coast northward to GA and SC as a CAT 3. I'm still getting prepared just in case.

Good news for you, but not for my friends and family in PR. Although the eye passed north of the island, chances are the storm did a lot of damage.
                            1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                            2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                            Anacortes, WA

Comment

"Norton Rider" post=823921 wrote:
                              "FISHIN00" post=823885 wrote:

Good news for you, but not for my friends and family in PR. Although the eye passed north of the island, chances are the storm did a lot of damage.
                              Hope everything goes well for your friends and family! On another site I frequent, a members friend rode thru a slightly off direct hit on a island that he could not evacuate off of in a concrete reinforced building..He texted afterwards that he had never been so scared in his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X