Henry(39)s on Frying Pan Island-gctid809383

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry(39)s on Frying Pan Island-gctid809383

For the first time in over 40 years Henry's Fish and Chips on Frying Pan Island in Georgian Bay will not open. I have enjoyed fish and chips there many times over the years always interesting to see a Sea Plane coming in for lunch. One year it was rough but Linda and I made it there about 2:00. We had the place to ourselves after we ate we were asked if we had much room in our fridge. I said yes why and they handed us a bag with 19 pieces of cooked pickerel wrapped in tin foil. We sure were popular when we got to the anchorage that night.

http://www.henrysfishrestaurant.com/hours.php

Ken
    300SD all options sold.

Sad times.

I've eaten at their Midland location on a number of occasions. We would make a little detour on our way home to Toronto from Parry Sound. Best fish meal by far. I don't remember ever going home without a "doggy-bag". Their servings are very generous. One day (if they ever reopen) I will take the short flight from the Parry Sound municipal dock. There's no way I would venture out on the Georgian Bay with my Element.
    Parry Sound, Ontario Canada
    2014 Bayliner Element with Mercury 60 HP EFI Big Foot OB
    12 foot aluminum fishing boat

Comment

We've hear that they found some people and will open this weekend, is that true?
      Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Comment

Henry`s Fish Restaurant, Sans Souci will be open for the season on Friday, June 23rd. Thanks to all for your support and we look forward to a great 2017 Season.
        Wet'ever
        1989 Avanti 2955
        460 Cobra

Comment

Yep, it's true! (There was much rejoicing!)

http://www.henrysfishrestaurant.com/hours.php

James
          1989 Bayliner 3888, 175 Hinos,
          Hurth 630's Onan 8kw MDKD
          Lowrance Electronics!
          Boating on Georgian Bay & the North Channel
          Completed the Great Loop 07/25/19
          AGLCA #8340
          MTOA# 7469

Comment

Working...
          X