Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 305 volt-meter-gctid356907

Hi Guys,

Under my sink near the battery isolators I have a volt-meter. It has 3 positions. 1/2/3. Any idea what the layout of this is? I can't seem to find any mention of it in the 305 owners supplement. My assumption is House/Start/All or Start/House/All but I'm unsure...

Thanks

I assume you are referring to the area with the Battery Selector Switches.

The meter and switch you mention sound like it was added by a previous owner. I have never seen one on a 305. You said it is 1,2,3. Do you have a generator. Engine, House, Generator maybe. Which is which is a matter of testing to determine. Disconnect a battery and see the effect on the meter.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

That's the area all right. Paying a little closer attention I can see that the voltmeter has been installed a little bit askew. It also is reading a bit higher than 13 volts in 2 positions (assuming this is not the house position) and closer to 12v in one position. The fridge is cranking away, and I have a bunch of lights on and the charger is turned off. I guess I'll assume this is the house position. I'll take your advice and start disconnecting some batteries. Not tonight though.

First overnight on the boat and it's time for a bourbon and an episode of TopGear before I sack out!

Comment

Working...
      X