• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Second that on the Bennet Guys!

Best Customer Service ever!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes you guys are always help full. You have assisted me in trim switch problems in my last boat and I will never have another system but yours.!!!

Tks

Rock

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    boatworkfl wrote:
    Easy fix, there are 2 large O-rings inside, replace them and it will be like new, the cyl is under spring pressure so be carefull. Buy O-rings at your auto supply, be sure they are usable with oil, lube the O-rings prior to assembly.
    Your advice is appreciated, thanks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tabman wrote:
    Stoke,

It appears that the piston O-ring in that actuator has failed. They are very easy to replace. Please send me your name and address in a private message and I will be delighted to send you replacement O-rings and instructions how to change them, no charge. It's a 15 minute job and if you have any questions once you get the parts just let me know.

By the way how old do you think the Trim Tab system is?

Tom McGow

Bennett Marine
    Take Tom up on this,he is the MAN !!! Has helped me and many others on here. Thanks again Tom.

Leave a comment:

• Tabman
    replied
    By the way, there are two O-rings in the actuator, one where the cylinder body and the upper portion screw together and one on the piston. Even though there are two grooves on the piston that look like they will accommodate an O-ring, only one should be used in the upper groove.

Tom

Bennett Marine

Leave a comment:

• Tabman
    replied
    Stokecity wrote:
    There appears to be an oil leak at the lower seal on the trim tab actuator. What is involved in replacing the actuator or can the lower seal be replaced?
    Stoke,

It appears that the piston O-ring in that actuator has failed. They are very easy to replace. Please send me your name and address in a private message and I will be delighted to send you replacement O-rings and instructions how to change them, no charge. It's a 15 minute job and if you have any questions once you get the parts just let me know.

By the way how old do you think the Trim Tab system is?

Tom McGow

Bennett Marine

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Also chech if there is a rod wiper in the end cap, There are 3 basic wipers, D, H, K, The H & K Wiper also acts as a seal as they have lips on them like a u cup, If it is flat across the base of the wiper it's a D wiper, Also measure the o-rings right after taking them out as they might swell once they hit the air, I don't know if bennit is american or metric, so when you measure the o-rings if told they are 1/8" cross section (thickness) they will actually measure .139 not 1/8" that might throw you thinking they might be metric, Doug

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    I agree, but be careful when buying O-rings from an auto parts supplier who's kit may not have the correct thickness O-rings.

Not all are the same, and their kits might be slightly different.

See if you have an Air-Oil or Hydraulic parts supplier company in your area. Their selection will be much larger and their people will know the differences.

Otherwise, purchase these from Bennett.

Also look to see if the actuator body or base fitting may be cracked or fatigued.

Leave a comment:

• boatworkfl
    replied
    Easy fix, there are 2 large O-rings inside, replace them and it will be like new, the cyl is under spring pressure so be carefull. Buy O-rings at your auto supply, be sure they are usable with oil, lube the O-rings prior to assembly.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Oil leaking at seal on the trim tab actuator-gctid356579

Oil leaking at seal on the trim tab actuator-gctid356579

There appears to be an oil leak at the lower seal on the trim tab actuator. What is involved in replacing the actuator or can the lower seal be replaced?

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/659508=25051-Oct 16-2011 012.jpg[/img]
Working...
X