Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    green650 wrote:
    Im not sure about the dipstick installation, but I get oil out of the tube that goes from the valve cover and points in the direction of the spark arrestor. Mine doesn't have a PCV valve. I filled it up after an oil change with exactly what the book called for so I don't think mine is overfilled. Im going to get a longer hose and route it into a can so I stop getting oil mist everywhere.
    Yeah I'm not sure if it is a pvc valse either just assuming, I was thinking of using some rubber hose for it instead of the wire loom type hose on it now. Good to know that some leakage there maybe normal. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Im not sure about the dipstick installation, but I get oil out of the tube that goes from the valve cover and points in the direction of the spark arrestor. Mine doesn't have a PCV valve. I filled it up after an oil change with exactly what the book called for so I don't think mine is overfilled. Im going to get a longer hose and route it into a can so I stop getting oil mist everywhere.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic mercruiser 3.0L dipstick tube install.-gctid356321

mercruiser 3.0L dipstick tube install.-gctid356321

Last year I bought a new 3.0l long block, the dipstick tube is one of the things I had to transfer over to the new motor. When I first installed it I though I had it to the wear line as it sat in the old oil pan but I didn't and I was getting oil out the pvc valve, I realized that I didn't have the tube all the way down to the old line and there was too much oil in it. I then got the tube down to the old line and set oil level to half way between the fill lines, but I'm still getting a little oil out pvc valve. I can't seem to find the procedure to properly setting the dipstick tube. Does anyone know how this should be done?
Working...
X