No announcement yet.

Upgrade carb and manifold to 4-barrel-gctid469882

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are are the abyc fuel line codes. Mine are crimped A-1-15 hose. If you use crimped ends you need to use coastguard approved ones. House of hose made mine for not too much.Here is a picture of my fuel hose its a dark picture but its the only one I have with the crimp on the hose. You might have to zoom in on it.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/774943=36973-2012-06-20_18-06-16_472.jpg[/img]Fuel Hose: When fuel hose is used it must be either USCG Type A1-15, USCG Type B1-15. Where you use it determines what type you use.From the fuel inlet on the engine (usually the fuel pump) to the carburetor you must use Type A1-15.*Each fuel vent line or fill line must be USCG Type A1-15 and the line from the fuel tank to the engine inlet must be type A1-15;UNLESS:if no more than five ounces of fuel is discharged in 2 1/2 minutes whenA) The hose is severed at the point where maximum drainage of fuel would occur,(B) The boat is in its static floating position, and(C) The fuel system is filled to the capacity market on the tank label.Then you may use Type B1-15.As a practical matter, few boat builders want to have to stock two types of hose, so most buy only Type A1 and use it everywhere. This is fine. Just be sure that you put in your owner's manual that the hose from the fuel pump to the carburetor and the vent and fill hose must be TYPE A1-15.So what is the difference between A1, and B1. USCG Type A hose has to pass the 2 › minute fire test, B does not. The theory is the A is under more pressure than B, and being on the engine is exposed to more danger of fire than B. Since B is between the pump and the tank, if a leak occurs, the pressure rapidly drops to zero and the pump just sucks air, stopping the engine. Fuel doesn't get sprayed all over the place. The fuel line between the fuel pump and the carburetor, or fuel rail, is under pressure and if a leak develops, fuel will be sprayed around the hot engine. So there is a greater risk of fire. This hose must be A1-15 which is fire resistant. In addition, A1 hose is required when the hose always has fuel in it. Hose that only has fuel in it briefly, such as the fuel fill hose may be B1.You do not have to use hose! You can use metallic lines. Some manufacturers do. For example, Mercury Marine inboard engines come with steel fuel line from the fuel pump to the carburetor. Metal lines do not allow vapor to escape through the fuel line walls.Metallic fuel Lines: If you use metallic fuel lines, the ones that run from the fuel tank to the fuel inlet on the engine must be one of the following; seamless annealed copper, nickel-copper, or copper-nickel. From the fuel pump to the carburetor they can be any metal you want to use. Beware. You could set up a galvanic couple and the tube will be eaten away like powder. Choose carefully if you use metal fuel line from the pump to the carburetor.* Do not use copper tubing. Pure copper is very subject to galvanic corrosion and cracking from vibration.
    1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Comment

Do you wonder why the Edelbrock is nearly half the price of the Holley?
      Yes, do you know? Nobody seems to.

The Holley that you'd ultimately want, is Spread Bore.... and requires a spread bore intake manifold.
      The manifold is compatible with both. They arrived today at one seller's warehouse today, apparently it's a new design or something, and I'm getting the first two in the country. Yay.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
        • 1 wrote:
        • Yes, do you know? Nobody seems to.
        • The manifold is compatible with both. They arrived today at one seller's warehouse today, apparently it's a new design or something, and I'm getting the first two in the country. Yay.

• 1 wrote:
        • Carlos, I guess that it boils down to a preference, and from past experiences.

Both are good, and either should work just fine for you.
        • Post photos. I'm curious to see how they manufactured one that works with both square and spread bore.

Are these dual plane?

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

From the manual:

CARBURETOR RECOMMENDATIONS:

These manifolds will work with the original equipment 4V carburetor (square bore or spread bore). However, marine specific Edelbrock

carburetors are highly recommended.

Part Number - 1409 - 600 CFM, Square-Flange, Electronic Choke, Marine (Non-EGR)

Part Number - 1410 - 750 CFM, Square-Flange, Electronic Choke, Marine (Non-EGR)

http://edelbrock.com/automotive_new/...ifolds/marine/

Comment

Carlos, OK.... I see that's the same manifold that you showed us eariler. Bronze lined, dual plane, and it does indeed accommodate both spread bore and square bore, and it is correct for the Vortec cylinder heads. It should work well for you.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
            2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
            Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
            Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
            Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

The Edelbrocks are cheaper because there are less parts involved, less assembly time, castings are simpler to manufacture, and Holly tends to price on the higher side - and now Rottenchester is leaning the same way due to not being manufactured anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X