Yellow staining on my upholstry-gctid468720

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikesmerc wrote:
    Hello all, my 2755 has accumulated alot of yellow staining on the external seating
    Simple solution... stop peeing on the seats.
    Aquatic Muse
    Mount Vernon, WA
    MMSI: 367498870
    '79 Bayliner Santiago w/ Mercruiser 470 power and drive

Comment

Mileskb wrote:
      Simple solution... stop peeing on the seats.
      Make that 10,002 :drum
      " WET EVER "
      1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
      mmsi 338108404
      mmsi 338124956
      "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

dktool wrote:
        Make that 10,002 :drum
        Well it all "DEPENDS"

Comment

Not sure if this has any bearing on this discussion but I had a 32 MY years ago and I began to notice yellow stains on the fiberglass at the junction of the cabin deck and the forward deck. Come to find out my wife and daughter would sun bathe there with lots of suntan/ block lotion on their bodies. This was stopped and there was no more yellowing.

Hope this helps

Richard

Comment

certainly no over use of sun tan cream here in Ireland:kidding

Comment

Dear God what have I started:banghead

Yes, the difference between winter and summer over here is that the rain is warmer during the summer...

Comment

mikesmerc wrote:
                Dear God what have I started:bangheadYes, the difference between winter and summer over here is that the rain is warmer during the summer...
                . .. haha, just be glad that you haven't mentioned putting a cheap generator down in the engine spaces . . . heck, you've only "generated" three pages of the Board's finest "off-the-wall" humor . . . . I think that generator page(s) were up around 16 when the "lock" went on it . .

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img] . . . . . it's THAT time!!!
                1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - for sale - Dredge Harbor, NJ
                Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
                WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
                James H. Stradling

Comment

I have had a few stains over the years and one in particular was a wet purple beach towel which really did a nasty job of the cockpit cushion. Nothing would take it off but to my surprise the UV rays from the sun got rid of it completely in a couple of weeks. Just order some sun and you should be fine.
                  Cheers, Hans
                  2007 Carver 41 CMY
                  Twin Volvo D6-370
                  Montreal, Canada
                  Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

We had a bottle of red wine spill on the front car seat. These were light gray actual leather seats.

Out efforts at cleaning this were futile.

After several months, it completely disappeared.

It must have been due to UV!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

I've found magic eraser and vinyl cleaner mix to clear it up easily. In fact, I ended up having to do the entire seats because I had made a clean spot. Don't go too heavy on the vinyl cleaner at first. You'll find the happy medium of giving it enough lubrication to move easily, and a sopping wet worthless magic eraser. It's a fine line.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/774366=36921-000mrclean.jpeg[/img]

Comment

Wow, upon rereading, I sound like I'm marketing the stuff. I just want to clarify, I used the generic magic eraser thing!

Comment

Careful with the magic eraser thing as it is very abrasive. A shiny seat will be dull in the area you scrub!! Believe me the UV thing really works. This is also a really good trick to clean those red stained tupperware containers after they had spaghetti sauce in them. Leave them next to a sunny window and the staining will disappear in 2 days.
                          Cheers, Hans
                          2007 Carver 41 CMY
                          Twin Volvo D6-370
                          Montreal, Canada
                          Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Thanks Guys , that product is probably not available over here, come to think of it neither is the Sun for any decent length of the time, "The Irish Summer" my favorite two days of the year.

Mike

Comment

mikesmerc wrote:
                              Dear God what have I started:banghead

Yes, the difference between winter and summer over here is that the rain is warmer during the summer...
                              I did tell you about the comedians and we have more here than comedy central. Well maybe comedian want-a-be, some of these puns are terrible.

See as you are on the other side of the pond, was anyone changing into their swimming costume in the lounge are and sat down :getsmilie

That's it I promise.

Ken
                              Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
                              DT the village idiot strikes again.
                              300SD all options.

Comment

Working...
                              X