Impeller Part Number-gctid467396

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impeller Part Number-gctid467396

I am sure this question has been asked before but I have not been able to find a reference to it.

I am looking for the part number for the impeller on my AQ260A with a Volvo Penta raw water pump with this number on the cover 857451/P01. I have an emergency kit with parts listing that shows the part number as 834794-0. No luck cross referencing this number to see what a replacement number may be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Al, I believe that this would be a Sherwood crankshaft pump. SS body, four cover screws.

The Sherwood mounts and plumbs like the Johnson and Jabsco.

Instead of a splined shaft, the Sherwood impeller is keyed to the shaft.

This parts schematic shows a splined shaft.... could be an error, or it could be a model that I'm not familiar with.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/Sea-W...view_id.767349

If you suspect that yours is in need of bearings/seals and impeller, the Johnson F5B-9 is only $161 for a brand new complete pump, impeller and all.

The F5B-9 uses a very common 1027 impeller.... so common, that you can dang near find this impeller at the liquor store.

Sherwood = four cover screws

Johnson = four cover screws

Jabsco = six cover screws

Al, if it turns out that you have a Jabsco pump, post back.

There are some concerns with the large volume Jabsco pump, and the Johnson F6B-9 impeller being substituted.

The two impellers look extremely similar.... but they are not!

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
    X