Stbd Outdrive Trim Issue-gctid464976

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stbd Outdrive Trim Issue-gctid464976

I have a 2000 3055 and I have a problem with the outdrive trim on the starboard engine. The switch on the throttle will not raise the outdrive, however it will lower it if I use the "trailer" switch to raise both outdrives. What should I be checking for and where should I look?

Thanks -

The trim portion of the switch will only raise the leg a very modest amount. This prevents the accidental "over trim" of the outdrive. When you notice no responce from this switch it may be because the leg was not in the "full down" position, thus you are beyond the range of the trim switch. If that is not the problem, you either have a faulty switch, or the wire in the throttle control has been pinched and broken(I had this happen on my 1998). It required removing the throttle handle and then some intricate reattaching and assembly.
    Bob Hawes.
    Kelowna, B.C.
    1998 Trophy 2052 WA
    4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

The trim position sensor on that leg is likely broken. The wires to the sensor corrode out and break either where they connect inside the transom, or on the sender itself.

Comment

+2 on the trim sensor as likely candidate.

Comment

Working...
        X