Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Hose-gctid463991

Greetings,

In getting to know my boat, I was cleaning the bilge and saw that I have a black rubber hose in the bilge. When I followed the hose, it seems to be coming from the rear lower portion of the block slightly above the rear of the oil pan. I'm very careful with making sure things go where they should, and this hose has me somewhat stumped. It's not a crankcase vent hose is it? I have the hoses coming from the valve covers that end in the breather, so I have no idea what this is and I'd love to know.

Any thoughts?

Thank You,

Its the oil drain pipe that you can pull thru the bung hole to empty the engine oil.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that is the coupler housing drain hose.

Comment

Thank you for the responses so far. If it's the coupler housing drain hose, please fill me in on what that is and it's purpose...what does it drain? You don't mean the drain for the PS Oil cooler right? If so, mine only has a nut for draining it.

If it was a drain hose for engine oil, how does that work as I have the OMC drain kit already installed. I could see that it would be workable, I'd be curious as to where you access the oil from.

I'm very interested in more feedback.

Thanks

Comment

So I just wanted to add that I spoke with the shop that put the engine in back in 2009 and he indicated that the hose in question was a "vent hose". I still don't know what it vents, but I'm guessing it could be a crankcase vent of some kind.

Still interested in anymore feedback.

Thank You,

Comment

I believe it is a drain hose that is connected to the "flywheel cover" (I don't dare call it a bell housing around here) :90.gif

I have the same one on my Cobra, I was scratching my head about when I bought my boat but once I found that it isn't connected to the engine it became a non issue for me.

Just let it flop in the wind.
            " WET EVER "
            1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
            mmsi 338108404
            mmsi 338124956
            "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

DKTOOL,

Thanks very much...I will do exactly that. One less thing to worry about. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X