Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batteries-gctid462094

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Batteries-gctid462094

    Would running 4batteries be considered overkill?

    #2
    No
    ..........
    2007 Discovery 246
    300mpi BIII
    Welcome island Lake Superior

    Comment


      #3
      You don't supply much info on what you are doing but no. If you can carry them you can't have overkill. You could have more than you need. Its better that way than not enough.

      Doug
      Started boating 1955
      Number of boats owned 32
      Bayliners
      2655
      2755
      2850
      3870 presently owned
      Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

      Comment


        #4
        Just wanted to know if it would be overkill. I want to carry 4 batteries and did not want to look stupid for doing it..

        Comment


          #5
          I ran 4 on my 3055 mainly because I spend quite a few weekends on the hook and did not want to run short on power.

          I eventually did buy a small generator to assist in my power needs but prior to the genny I never ran low on power from a friday evening to a sunday afternoon weekend on the hook.
          Rick Grew

          1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

          2004 Past Commodore
          West River Yacht & Cruising Club
          www.wrycc.com

          Comment


            #6
            Giddy-Up wrote:
            Just wanted to know if it would be overkill. I want to carry 4 batteries and did not want to look stupid for doing it..
            Don't worry about the batteries; assuming of course that your not talking about 8 D's.

            There are lots of other things that are going to make you look stupid.

            Comment


              #7
              malayphred wrote:
              Don't worry about the batteries; assuming of course that your not talking about 8 D's.

              There are lots of other things that are going to make you look stupid.
              Going to make me look stupid or will make me look stupid?

              Comment


                #8
                RGrew176 wrote:
                I ran 4 on my 3055 mainly because I spend quite a few weekends on the hook and did not want to run short on power.

                I eventually did buy a small generator to assist in my power needs but prior to the genny I never ran low on power from a friday evening to a sunday afternoon weekend on the hook.
                [FONT]Calibri wrote:
                Did you have them on one switch or 1 switch for each?[/FONT]

                Comment


                  #9
                  Stupid is what stupid does.
                  Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

                  1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                  '86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

                  Manalapan N.J

                  Comment


                    #10
                    read:

                    http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...s-and-Charging

                    I wrote this to answer the very question that you are asking.

                    I have 2 battery banks in my 2452.
                    Captharv 2001 2452
                    "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Giddy-Up wrote:
                      [FONT]Calibri wrote:
                      Did you have them on one switch or 1 switch for each?[/FONT]
                      My 3055 had 2 switches. I had 2 batteries on each switch. All 4 batteries were marine deep cycle batteries.
                      Rick Grew

                      1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

                      2004 Past Commodore
                      West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                      www.wrycc.com

                      Comment


                        #12
                        ditto here, Rick . . . . two batteries on each side of the MBSS (2 batts for "the house" and 2 batts for "starter" side) . . .
                        1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - for sale - Dredge Harbor, NJ
                        Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
                        WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
                        James H. Stradling

                        Comment


                          #13
                          If you're worried about what people think of you for your battery choices, you probably need to get help for those self-esteem issues.

                          You haven't defined what "overkill" means. If you're a day boater, two batteries is all you need. If you overnight on the hook and run a bunch of lights and appliances, you will need more. It's no different than calculating the fuel load you need to carry.

                          I have six batteries on my boat. I'm considering one or two more.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            look stupid? nope, you look stupid when you run out of juice and yet you have space for four batteries. I have the same boat and I run four with a switch. Two for start and two for house.

                            Just keep'em charged.

                            pat

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I agree with Carlos, I have 6 batteries, 4 golf cart, and 2 group 27 starting.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X