Throttle cable issues-gctid456212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I just rebuilt the carb last week. Everything is good on it so ill do the adjustment for sure

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Im sorry I didnt notice the rest of your post! Thanks for the help and i will let you know how it goes. suppose to be in the high 50's next week!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I bought a new Shift cable for it already. I havent put it on yet but i plan on it as soon as we get warmer weather. It was so bad that i had to disconnect the shift interupter or it would just kill the engine when i engaged the throttle but i also noticed when put back in neutral it stayed at about 1500 rpms. so you think an adjustment on the throttle cable will fix it?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    look here: http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...-shifter-cable

Exactly the same issue....... If you wait a bit more you will have trouble shifting into reverse too.

If the issue remains after you have aligned everything well and the shifter and the "arm" at the engine are running fine disconnect the cable on both sides and move the inner part back and forth to the stops a few times. Then install again and align. 99% probability that the problem is gone for good.

As I wrote in the other posting I had the exact same issue and it started with not going fully into idle and due to the higher RPM's that nasty clonking when shifting into gear. When reverse started to be questionable I did the above and now shifting is perfect and she returns to real idle every time.

If you have the 1% of it it may be the carburetor with worn out bearings but it is less likely.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Throttle cable issues-gctid456212

Throttle cable issues-gctid456212

Hi, I have a 94 alpha one gen two 4.3 mercruiser the issue I have is when I go from having the throttle engaged then back to neutral the cable seems to stick and keeps the engine reved up a little. I am able to push the throttle down on the engine to correct this. Should i replace the cable or does it need to be adjusted? Thanks!
Working...
X