Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(39)90 2755 Counter Edging Molding-gctid354429

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/657312=24943-Molding1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/657312=24944-Molding2.jpg[/img]This is my first attempt at loading pictures, I'm rebuilding an interior cabinet on my 1990 2755. Attached are pictures of the original counter edging molding. I've attempted to show the molding cross section end in the second picture. I've used up all the original molding that I had available.Does anyone know where this particular original molding can be found or purchased?Thank you for any help you can give me!

Welcome to BOC.

I tried to find matching molding when we redid our 2755 enterior, but coundn't find it. Hope others here will be able to help.

Comment

Thanks Glen,

I've really done a search, particularly on the Internet. I'm beginning to think that this may have been a special molding run made individually for Bayliner for specific models. Keeping my fingers crossed, though!

Mike

Comment

There is a plant here called Kitchen Craft and they make 3000 cabinets per day. I talked to them (their a client of ours) about setting up to produce this mold, cause they have the wood in stock, but was told the cost was not feasible unless they could sell 10,000 feet of it. I wasn't buying

Comment

Just noticing on you first picture, what is that your building beside the closet? I'm assuming that's on the STB side.

Thanks,

Comment

Looks to me that if you can find the same diameter in round stock (and the same species), you could make a simple jig (ok, maybe not a simple jig, but non the less makeable!) for a table saw and make that piece. If you cannot find the round stock, you can laminate 1 x pieces together until you have the desired thickness, and then turn it down on a lathe to the desired radius. If you go this route, make just more than twice as much as you need. Yep, the oops factor.
            Bob Hawes.
            Kelowna, B.C.
            1998 Trophy 2052 WA
            4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Be creative. Get a router and router table and make your own. Not a match? Remove all the old stuff and redo with your creation as well as stain color.

Vic

Ft Myers
              Vic Stewart SN
              Past Commander
              Cape Fear Power Squadron
              Ft Myers Power Squadron
              1998 2859 7.4 L/B2
              Raw water cooled

Comment

its hard to tell the size from the picture, but it sure looks identical to what we have on our 92 4388. If it is, and you're not in a blinding hurry, you can have what we pull off for the price of the shipping. If you can find a measurable dimension, get it to me and I'll check with what I've got. We have a larger size on the counters, and a smaller, more rounded size on the dinette. Our plan is to re-do ours sometime before this summer, so that may be longer than you want to wait.

You might send it via my normal email, just so I don't miss it. tonifroehling at gmail.com

toni

Comment

I dont know what ur plans are....but I am thingking about changing the ugly blue and gray formica of mine so I was going "unglue" the pieces that are in my boat....and if the trial goes bad I would change the edge completely to a more modern style....

take it easy.....

Comment

onthelake wrote:
                    Just noticing on you first picture, what is that your building beside the closet? I'm assuming that's on the STB side.

Thanks,
                    That is what happened to the extra molding I had that was on the original table top, I reconfigured the V-bunk into a shorter, more rounded dinette and built additional cabinets on each side for storage.

Now, I'm building a very small, low cabinet for overnight clothes storage between the aft cabin entry and the galley sink/stove cabinet against the port side. I still have some of the matching formica from the original table top and I'd like to find some more of the original molding as in the pictures in order to make it fit in.

I'll post some pictures when I'm finished. Both of my kids are gone and I didn't foresee an immediate usage for the V-bunk so I converted it to a somewhat circular dinette.

Mike

Comment

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/.../> molding.pdf
                      courtjeste wrote:
                      its hard to tell the size from the picture, but it sure looks identical to what we have on our 92 4388. If it is, and you're not in a blinding hurry, you can have what we pull off for the price of the shipping. If you can find a measurable dimension, get it to me and I'll check with what I've got. We have a larger size on the counters, and a smaller, more rounded size on the dinette. Our plan is to re-do ours sometime before this summer, so that may be longer than you want to wait.

You might send it via my normal email, just so I don't miss it. tonifroehling at gmail.com

toni
                      Thanks Toni, I'll send you an email. Laying a straightedge across the rounded portion, it appears to be about 2" maybe a little over.

Mike

Comment

bhawes wrote:
                        Looks to me that if you can find the same diameter in round stock (and the same species), you could make a simple jig (ok, maybe not a simple jig, but non the less makeable!) for a table saw and make that piece. If you cannot find the round stock, you can laminate 1 x pieces together until you have the desired thickness, and then turn it down on a lathe to the desired radius. If you go this route, make just more than twice as much as you need. Yep, the oops factor.
                        Thanks Bob & Vic,

Yes, if I can't find any original, I'll get some round stock and rout it out. There's also a couple short straight edge runs on the top front that I can also cut. I was hoping that I could more easily retain the matching original look if I could find used pieces from someone.

Mike

Comment

MikeRoss wrote:
                          That is what happened to the extra molding I had that was on the original table top, I reconfigured the V-bunk into a shorter, more rounded dinette and built additional cabinets on each side for storage.

Now, I'm building a very small, low cabinet for overnight clothes storage between the aft cabin entry and the galley sink/stove cabinet against the port side. I still have some of the matching formica from the original table top and I'd like to find some more of the original molding as in the pictures in order to make it fit in.

I'll post some pictures when I'm finished. Both of my kids are gone and I didn't foresee an immediate usage for the V-bunk so I converted it to a somewhat circular dinette.

Mike
                          looking forward to the pics. We made some changes to our 2755 as well, moving the v-birth up level with TV Shelf is best to describe it.

Comment

Working...
                          X