Volvo 230A/290 cooling hose and tube-gctid353244

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volvo 230A/290 cooling hose and tube-gctid353244

Is there some trick to getting the external raw water intake hose off? This is the rubber hose that connects the transom shield and the outdrive. There is also the raw water metal tube inside the boat that has two bolts. I got the bolts out and can wiggle the tube but I cannot remove it and gave up for fear I would break something. I don't know for sure but I assume that the tube has to come off in order to remove the rubber hose. There is no clamp that I can see on the hose. I thought of cutting the hose and inserting a dowel to push the tube out into the engine compartment.

gaffcat wrote:
    • 1 wrote:
    • Is there some trick to getting the external raw water intake hose off? This is the rubber hose that connects the transom shield and the outdrive.
    • There is also the raw water metal tube inside the boat that has two bolts. I got the bolts out and can wiggle the tube but I cannot remove it and gave up for fear I would break something.
    • I don't know for sure but I assume that the tube has to come off in order to remove the rubber hose.
    • There is no clamp that I can see on the hose. I thought of cutting the hose and inserting a dowel to push the tube out into the engine compartment.

• 1 wrote:
    • I always pull the transmission and make this a multiple task by doing new bellows, replacing water neck fitting, looking at the bearing crosses, replace the shift cable, look for fresh grease at the PDS bearing, etc.

With the transmission out of your way, it is much easier.

R&R of gear oil, and four new O-rings is all required.
    • Caution: seq # 41 is a chromed copper tube that is soft and easy to flare out. Be careful as to not create a problem bending or flaring it.
    • There should be no reason to remove it.
    • Look closely at the hose/tube connection at seq #'s 85 & 86.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

I have studied the schematics and they don't show a hose clamp on the inboard end of the S hose and there isn't one on mine. What is holding the hose on? I have pulled and yanked every which way to try and get it off but it doesn't budge is it glued on? Also I can push in on the hose on the shield end and there is nothing underneath, nothing that a hose clamp could press against if there was one.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/656124=24855-Untitled-1.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X